Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Milwaukee M18 grease gun

Seabass ยท 2016-10-28 21:32

I own a few M18 Milwaukee tools, 3/4 fuel impact being my favorite. That said, im curious if any of you own or have used the M18 grease gun. I would want to know how well it tightened up tracks (tensioners) on mid size excavators and dozers? If it had the power/pressure to perform such tasks? Thank you.

Replies8
  1. #1DB22016-10-28 21:40

    We are loving our FUEL tools as well so I am curious about this too. Hopefully someone has some feedback.

  2. #2wrc2016-10-28 22:39

    I got the m12 grease gun I love it and it tightens tracks on my excavator just fine. I'm sure the 18 has even more power, but my 12v works great for all I need and 1 battery will shoot 4 tubes of grease

  3. #3xgiovannix122016-10-28 22:44

    I use an m18 at work. Works good I just wish he would put a better tip on it. Like the lock n lube locking tip. Overall the gun is great. guys at work dont clean it or anything so its a pain to use without getting dirty .

  4. #4lumberjack2016-10-29 09:04

    It works great, in low range it can produce up to 10k psi, tracks are no problem.

  5. #5murfdog2016-10-29 10:30

    They work great, I've got several of them. They work better than my memory hence the need to have one in all my trucks so I don't have to remember to grab one.

  6. #6bam19682016-10-29 12:30

    About 3 years ago I was in the market for a new grease gun. At that time I had a number of Lincoln and a couple of Alemite guns that seemed to work ok but constantly had battery issues. So, after reading some reviews and talking to some people I thought I would try a Millwaukee. I went with the M12 only because it seemed like it was described as being a little more of 'industrial type' tool' than the M18. That all being said, I can't say a bad word about the M12 after being used daily on mid sized dozers, excavators and scrapers for about 3 years. Other than the zipper on the case it comes in, which is kind of a minor detail in my book. Just my $.02

  7. #7JS3002016-10-29 21:18

    I have the M12 and it works great. Tightens the dozer chains just fine. I think the most impressive thing though is how it empties a tube of grease. I bet there isn't a spoonfull left, my old grease gun wasted allot of grease.

  8. #8wrwtexan2016-10-29 22:22

    I just bought one for greasing a customer's cotton harvesting equipment and have been really impressed with it. The one supplied battery lasts a long time and has plenty of pressure in the low speed, and is very fast in high speed. I had to replace a D5M track adjuster right after I bought it and was happily amazed at how it tightened the track back up in no time! Not having to be in a position to operate a lever gun or tire my hand out with a pistol grip is really nice.