I have a 299D2 catalyst field dosing unit Current below normal
Welcome to HEF rewin ! The CAT guys will need a serial number.
Cat0299dcdx201037 code 3361-5
DEF injector open circuit or short to ground. See Table 2 of the attached troubleshooting procedure.
Would anyone have a diagram on flushing the def System on this same machine?
Attached is the procedure for flushing the DEF system.
272D2 (BL200773) with code 3361-5 So I followed the above procedure and see 100 Ohms for the DEF injector (at harness plug into DCU) Simple question: Where is the injector (I know it is in the back near muffler) Seems like the whole radiator needs to come out (I was only able to tilt it up a few inches at the back)..hopefully it's not the case? And why is that injector failing and so expensive? I was told by field technician that DCU and pump might be bad too (not getting errors from these but these might come later after I replace the injector?)
Why is that injector so expensive? Oh’ boy. Why does a Freightliner One-Box cost $10k with a six week lead time? Why did it take two years wait time for a KW NOx sensor? Joe Dirt’s Dad had the best answer to this question.
Post the serial number. I’m dealing with same code right now on a 420F2. Need to check the resistance on the injector itself. Also, do you have Cat ET?
It looks like he already did.
Yes I am aware of the need to test the resistance, just trying to find how to get to it (probably easier on your backhoe) 272D2 skid BTW I have a 2014 420F IT backhoe ...glad it does not have DEF!
It's a long reach but possible without removing the radiator. Removing radiator assembly would of course give much better access. We have one in shop right now that the Injector had 3 ohms instead of 7. Did get it it out without removing rad, but isn't super easy.
Sorry, I clearly missed the serial number in his first post.
Here’s the procedure from SIS
Great! now I know where it is.
Did changing the Injector clear the error? My technician thinks my DCU and Pump might be bad even if I have a single error (dosing unit)
Don't have the new one in yet. I'll try to post back once we do. Not sure why your tech would suspect other parts, unless he's unsure of his diagnosis, or trying to sell more parts.
The unit I was working on was very odd, injector ohmed out at 7 ohms, book says spec is 6-8 ohms. Moved on to bypass wiring harness by making a new one, still have fault code. Tried a known good DCU and still had fault code. Ended up changing the injector even though it was in spec and it solved the problem. Can’t explain it, 7 ohms should have made it happy but for some reason, it was showing current above normal. I do know that driver in the DCU is a very sensitive circuit.