Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Defective new machine issues

52ironman · 2026-02-08 08:49

I purchased a 2026 Bobcat E35R2 excavator and I have put 2 hours on it just to get used to the controls. I have not done any digging with it. I noticed what I thought was a deep vibration especially when increasing rpm. I also noticed the blade and boom leak by the hydraulics when left in the up position. The shop manual lists 11 different possibilities for the vibration. Most of them would be seen in a machine that has higher hours. The 4 that I thought might make sense for a new machine are as follows: 1 Faulty injector 2 Faulty Fuel injection pump 3 Flywheel issues 4 Loose motor mounts Any thoughts? The dealer is being very slow to reply which has me worried. The service manager said he had to do some research. I am thinking research on what, how to handle selling a 60k defective machine. With only 2 hours on the machine should they not take the machine back a deliver a machine that runs perfectly? Am I being unreasonable? I dont feel that a machine with 2 hours should now go through the normal process of warranty that a machine with 100 or so hours on would go through. Is that incorrect reasoning? Should I have purchased a different brand name machine? What do you think??? Regards, Joe

Replies87
  1. #1crane operator2026-02-08 09:20

    What's your experience with these machines? Did you/ or have you run a similar machine at the dealer or rent one before purchasing? Some engines are prone to a different sound/ vibration, we've got a v6 diesel that I always think its running bad, but that's just how it sounds. How much creep down are you talking about? Some machines will stay up overnight, but I would say that's the exception, rather than the rule. There aren't usually holding valves in small excavator circuits. There's a spec for creep down on larger excavators. As far as "taking the machine back" that's not likely to happen. If there are problems, they are going to try to fix the machine, but unfortunately, it will be on their time schedule, not yours.

  2. #292U 34062026-02-08 09:45

    I personally know of someone who had a brand new machine taken back by the dealer because of a major issue that developed within the first couple hours.

  3. #3BC Placer gold2026-02-08 10:37

    How long for the creep down to occur? Every 3 cylinder diesel we have owned (Yanmar/Kubota/Isuzu) has had a really (in my opinion) rough/shaky idle. Once the rpm is increased they smooth out nicely....How is yours at operating rpm? (80% to 100% throttle).

  4. #452ironman2026-02-08 10:43

    at idle its not terrible but at higher rpm there is quite a bit more vibration. My RX7320 Kioti had a 74hp and it did not vibrate at all. The kubota excavators run really smooth. Its interesting when you go by a united rental yard they have many pieces extended up in the air and they dont seem to leak by, Go figure

  5. #592U 34062026-02-08 10:59

    Man lifts and telehandlers have counterbalance valves to prevent cylinder creep. Very few pieces of construction equipment have them.

  6. #6masterwelder2026-02-08 11:24

    I wonder how when a machine or vehicle is delivered with next to no hours on the clock and a thimble full of fuel how is it possible enough time been spent getting the air out of the hydraulics and fuel systems or checking for leaks? Do they run a specific amount of fuel through leaving none in the tank and reset the hours on the ECM before delivery? Maybe after a few more hours things will smooth out and act as expected. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s one of the first suggestions from the dealer.

  7. #7BC Placer gold2026-02-08 11:25

    Right, vibration at high rpm doesn't sound correct.

  8. #852ironman2026-02-08 12:41

    Good thoughts however the machine arrived with 4.5 hours on it I put on 2 hours trying to get used to the controls. The fuel tank came full, the oil was a quart low which is weird for a new machine. You would think the dealer would have checked all that before delivery. One thing i did not like is the seat plastic was removed when delivered, I thought thats weird but i did not say anything. Another thing is the dealers mechanic slopped grease all over the zerks, I guess i am a clean freak because grease on the surface of the machine only attracts dirts, sand and even small 1/8 +- rocks I have run Bobcat track loader and their engines run as smooth as can be. I checked the motor mounts and they appear to be tight I can see the flywheel to see if their is an issue there and of course i have not checked the injectors even though they are new they could still be an issue.

  9. #9CM19952026-02-08 13:33

    Sounds like the dealer did not do a proper PDI on the machine. The engine oil being a quart low on such a small engine is disgraceful IMO. As others have stated the 3 cylinders rattle at idle but smooth out at higher RPM. My 305E is that way. Since your machine is the opposite I would take the machine back and either have them fix it or give you a new one. Like 92U I know of several pieces of equipment and autos that were "bought back" by the dealer. If the dealer plays hard ball then sue them. $60K is a lot of money and you bought a new machine. Normally I would not say that but it sounds like dealer you bought this machine from is incompetent at best or a shyster at worst. It's one or the other.

  10. #1092U 34062026-02-08 13:55

    Problem is most places put the green guys on PDI's and most have a hard time seeing outside of the 30 point checklist they're provided.

  11. #11CM19952026-02-08 13:59

    And they missed a pretty important one - like should be #1 on the list. We've had the odd hydro fitting leak after running for 20-30 hours on a new machine but nothing substantial. On the larger Cat iron I've purchased we get a 1-2 hour orientation on maintenance and overall operation of the machine from the dealers specialist for lack of a better term. More knowledgable than a normal PSR.

  12. #12John C.2026-02-08 14:06

    In general most manufactures pay the dealership an extra percentage for after delivery checks to ensure proper operation. It may be that the service manager is checking on what the sales paperwork says. Did you check the engine oil level the way the operations manual says? Some say to check before startup with the machine sitting level and cold oil. Some say to check with engine at low idle engine warm. I used to tell my customers to check the level first thing in the morning with cold oil to establish a base line and judge from the level. Most of the manufacturers have done away paying for dealer pre-delivery checks. Some dealers don't do them and some take that extra percentage paid by the manufacturer and do them. Buy backs on machines are in the purview of the sales department and company management and not the service department. Bottom line is that it takes some time for dealer service managers to respond to questions about new machine concerns. The manager was not part of the sales process and has no idea what was said or promised to the buyer. They also in this day and age have fewer resources in which to deal with these types of issues. Have some patience and be nice about how to talk to them. Start off on the wrong foot with them and you will be put in the pain in the xss category and have to fight for everything down the line.

  13. #13DDoug2026-02-08 14:11

    Seat cover off, and low oil, newly greased, 4 hours on clock... Maybe some one else complained for same problems, and it was pulled back to the dealer, and then you came along ?

  14. #14Tones2026-02-08 14:49

    Do not put a wrench on that machine unless you have video evidence of what you are doing. If it was me in your situation I'd be recording all the faults then take it back to the dealer and get my money back including transport costs. Now I'd have a recorded conversation with the stealership, if no joy the video would be sent to Corporate Bobcat and or the Court of Public Opinion. It's the squeaky wheel that get the oil.

  15. #1552ironman2026-02-08 15:21

    Great info I hope to hear something this next week and if so I will update everyone, Thanks fur your time and thoughts

  16. #1692U 34062026-02-08 16:36

    Notice of Failure to Perform Purchasers may have the opportunity to have farm equipment repaired, replaced or refunded if it does not perform as intended. www.alberta.ca I know this particular document has zero to do with OP's situation but I wonder if his jurisdiction has something similar in place for construction equipment?

  17. #17Tyler d4c2026-02-08 17:14

    Or when i was a dealer guy wed check the boxes check the oil and ship it. Well that guy didnt even do that

  18. #1852ironman2026-02-08 17:57

    I will check and see I live in Washington state

  19. #19Coaldust2026-02-08 18:02

    How much new equipment have you purchased ? That particular machine isn’t smooth or very refined, to begin with. The margin on a $60k machine is squat. The dealer has to sell dozens of them to make a profit. Especially, Bobcat. Doosan hates you and North America. Thus, they are a “global” company now. The PDI was completed by a high school dropout with an ankle monitor. The dealer can’t afford to pay a premium Tech to do PDI’s. Plus, the Tech will find stuff that’s wrong. Gotta get those machines on the line and out the door. Let the customer find the problems.

  20. #2052ironman2026-02-08 18:28

    Wow that sounds really rude :-( I bought a Kioti RX7320 with 74hp Daedong engine, ran really smooth. I read a slew of reviews and no one said anything like that. Tese machines are sold all over the world and have many happy customers. This engine is a Jubota engine. Depressing

  21. #21smifwal2026-02-08 18:54

    Well if bobcat is anything like Caterpillar the sales people sell the machine, they care a lot about you when you have a problem with it especially right out of the gate your sales guy of doing all he can but service, they don't give a **** about you, we will get to you when we get to you. I just had this conversation with my cat financial rep as I was trying to buy out my lease. This doesn't sound like the beginning of a beautiful friendship

  22. #22Coaldust2026-02-08 19:01

    That’s not rude. That’s the way it is in 2026. Welcome to HEF, fellow heavy equipment fan. It’s good to have you. Head over to the new member forum and introduce yourself. I was involved in the Spokane dealer scene, so I know how it works. Give the service manager a minute to respond. His numbers suck, the GM is riding his butt, re-do numbers are killing him, warranty reimbursement is in the toilet and things at home are rough. He has not taken a vaca since 2019. His best hand left without notice to work at Western States for two bucks more and a company pickup.

  23. #23CM19952026-02-08 19:02

    They are not in any form or fashion IMO. Divorced Bobcat years ago and it's the best decision I've made equipment wise. Not to beat a dead horse OP just my experiences with our dealer and the Bobcat product in general. Cut my dirt teeth on a Perkins powered 843 Bobcat my father bought new in the late '80's. Great machine and is probably on someone's farm right now still working. The later Bobcat stuff not so much. I think their downfall was the Ingersol Rand purchase and it's been down hill since then.

  24. #2452ironman2026-02-08 19:54

    Doosan bought Bobcat didnt they? I noticed some of the welds look like done with flux weld and no clean up afterwards painted right over the little metal doobies. I have been a cabinetmaker most of my life. Have always loved heavy equipment. Traded cabinet work for a 1952 Cat 12E grader and an older Massey Ferguson backhoe with extenda arm. I have run quite a few other machines. I bought a Kioti RX7320 but after 2 years i realized it was just the wrong machine for my use. After 2 years it had 60 hours and was like new. I have always taken great care of my equipment. I have tools from when I first started out in the trade from 1973. I live in Spokane Wa. Here is some of my work

  25. #25Nige2026-02-08 19:57

    I will take issue with that statement, at least in my experience. More than once I saw salesmen being brought down to earth with a bang when required to answer the customer's question "Why do you think we chose you over the opposition?" Many different answers were offered such as keen prices, meeting delivery dates, being able to spec the exact machine the you needed, etc, etc. Then inevitably the customer pulled the rug from under the smug salesman with the retort - "None of the foregoing. Your customer support department is what got your company the sale, not you, so get over yourself." I know for I wuz there - numerous times.......

  26. #2652ironman2026-02-08 20:11

    Hopefully this ends well. Its been said that the fish rots from the head down. Any company that lasts decades or that does not, does so because of policy set at the top. Ever heard of Robert G Turnbull?? he created a multi million dollar company based on ethics and customer loyalty as his premise. Westinghouse bought the company and in 10 yrs ran it into the ground. 1 customer at a time was lost due to those policies made at the top. All those college educated people at the top did that. Anyway I will hope for the best at this point and prepare for the worst. I really appreciate all of your input!!! Thanks

  27. #27Coaldust2026-02-08 20:43

    I’ve been to Gwinner, Bismarck, West Fargo, and remember the Melroe days. Watched it become iR, then Doosan. Love the folks in NoDak and the dealer network. I’ve serviced and purchased the product and have a friend who’s a dealer principle. It’s a shame to see what has happened to a great American company. It would not surprise me if they pulled out of NA. It’s barely a blip on their spreadsheet.

  28. #28smifwal2026-02-08 20:46

    I seem to get the best customer service from my sale person, I have had about 10 since 2018 I had one for about a week not all of them are awesome some were though. But not so much on the service side of things. I will give a few examples (please tell me if I am looking at this in the wrong way) I bought a new machine in December of 2018 2.2 hours on it in April I turn on the AC it doesn't blow cold, I call service they said bring it by or we can charge you to come out, we don't pay for travel, sale manager made service send out a tech. Same thing in 2021 same conversation same result,( I paid extra after that to add travel on my warranty I bought some parts they were not there when I went by to pick them up, oh that had to come from another store it will be here later this afternoon, cool I will circle back, I show up oh I read the wrong store number it will be here tomorrow morning, ok I will see you in the morning, hey here for that part oh well that won't be here till this afternoon my sales guy happens by he how are you the parts guy answers for me he is not good there has been some mistakes and mis communication on his order. Sales guy say I will bring them out when they get here go back to work. I bought a grader blade last year $30k+ my Sitech sales guy say make sure it is flashed for the 259D3 and not the the 255. Ok I make a point to tell them it was flashed for the 255 they set it up for my 259 D3 awesome thanks, I go home put it on the my CTL and it doesn't work, I call hey this thing isn't communicating with my machine, service said bring it back down and bring your machine the machine probably needs a update, I have already spent 4 hours driving there ,you flashing the blade and driving back now you want me to load it and my skid back up and drive back over there and hang out with you again? And all your publications say that the D3 series is smart attachment ready from the factory why wasn't my machine? um oh I will have to look in to that, we will see if we can get a guy out to take a look. Took a week and they only came when they did because I called my field service manager and told him what happened, he said that is unacceptable I will have a guy out there in a hour. I get great service from him he always makes things happen when my machine has hiccups. My point in all that is, once it is sold it is like they don't realize hey I need this thing to work that is why I bought it and you sold me something that isn't working come make it work. I feel like only their time is valuable they no consideration for my time. If I call them out and it is not under warranty they charge me for travel but when they waste my time and I say something like man I am going to have to start back charging for all this time of mine they give me a look like I am crazy

  29. #2992U 34062026-02-08 20:46

    Beautiful work!

  30. #30CM19952026-02-08 21:15

    Wow! Fantastic craftsmanship. The last thing anyone wants is me around any type of finish carpentry. . Turrible at it.

  31. #31AMBMike2026-02-08 21:45

    You, sir, are very talented! I'm impressed. Like CM I'm no good at finish carpentry. Or maybe I'm too good? When I'm done there's nothing left, or nothing anyone wants at least ...

  32. #3252ironman2026-02-08 22:34

    very kind thoughts I am almost 74 now and most of what I built in my career is already in the dump following a remodel :-( The cycle of life !

  33. #33Nige2026-02-09 13:32

    The good old refrain for product support. When we do right no-one ever remembers, when we do wrong no-one ever forgets........ I sympathize with your examples and say right now they shouldn't have happened. But with humans being involved I suppose it is inevitable that things will go pear-shaped from time to time. Question: The four examples you quoted. How many total transactions took place with the dealer in the same time frame.? If they were 50% of the total then the dealership should be taking a long hard look at themselves. However if the four were 1% of the total transactions then you could look at it from the point of view that the dealership had a 99% success rate. Purely my opinion but looking at context is important; equally you should not have to argue the toss, or call the service manager, in order to get the level of service you should realistically expect.

  34. #3452ironman2026-02-09 14:08

    This is a brand new machine. So no long track record. I did get a call today after giving them a time limit to my patience in this matter. They will be out Wednesday, hopefully. At 60k+ for a machine it should never go straight to warranty at 2 hours in. That would be like buying a new car and before you get it home you notice a heavy vibration coming from the transmission, and the dealer saying well its under warranty. We hope that we never have to have a warranty of course thats in the perfect world that might not even exist in our solar system I am hoping that they will simply bring me another machine. This machine still has the shine of a brand new machine. Not even been used for its intended purpose that of digging. Way too soon for vibration issues.

  35. #35FWD2026-02-09 14:32

    I bought a Bobcat T-190 track loader new in 2007. At 18 hours found a shiny new broken bolt on the ground. Looked around on the machine found a broken motor mount. Dealer was about 150 miles away and in reading the warranty info said machine is my responsibility to bring it to dealer. Called the dealer and they sent a mechanic out and he found another broken mount and he said it needed to go to their shop. Salesman called and said they would come pick it up and deliver a rubber tired skidsteer on tracks for me to use. They didn'thave another track loader to send out. They had the T190 for a couple of weeks, found out the mounts weren't jiged right during the manufacture. Dealer brought the fixed 190 and picked up the skidsteer. No charge at all and ran it for 11 truble free years. Great Dealer sales and service!!

  36. #36MG842026-02-09 19:48

    Of all the new vehicles and equipment we've bought over the past 15-20yrs probably 50% or more had some sort of 'issues' within the first few weeks or months. These were all what I'd consider top tier brands, Ford, John Deere, Kubota, Woodmizer, Grasshopper, Land Pride, etc. Some problems were minor, some were major, but for the most part the dealers all handled them professionally and quickly under warranty. Unfortunately this is the world we live in now. Machines are becoming extremely complex with a lot of electronics, quality control has gone out the window, manufacturers are introducing new/unproven models at an ever increasing rate and good pre-delivery setup/inspection is an exception not a rule. Hopefully your dealer treats you right, either swaps it out for a new machine or at the very least gives you a loaner machine to use while yours is repaired.

  37. #37DDoug2026-02-09 20:12

    Do you mean LeTourneau ?

  38. #38smifwal2026-02-09 21:54

    If I understand your question correctly those are all of the transactions when I have to deal with in house service they are like that and some way or another like they are upset when I want them to do something I feel like it's reasonable , that is one of the reasons that I bought travel with my warranty. now customer service from parts is normally pretty good. That was a isolated incident but it was the sensor for my grader blade and I was already mad. Oh I and for about the bent masts on the grader blade, they still haven't made that one right. I put the ruler sticker on there they don't come from the factory that way, and I upgraded to the telescoping ones from Trimble only because the dealer couldn't get any from the factory that were any better

  39. #39AMBMike2026-02-09 22:17

    @smifwal Would you have the part numbers for the Trimble telescoping masts? Photos? Thanks.

  40. #40smifwal2026-02-09 23:43

    210500-00

  41. #4152ironman2026-02-10 10:54

    That is a truly encouraging experience. Hope my is at that same level of professionalism Thank you!a

  42. #4252ironman2026-02-10 11:04

    Yes it is LeTourneau, thanks for that correction Interesting story so sad that is had become common place in life today. Money seems to be the main and only driving force behind almost everything. I have been a cabinetmaker for almost 5 decades and in that time they went from table saws to cnc machinery run by software. Every year the cad/cam software creators in a rush to gain or keep market share release software updates that had more bugs in them then their predecessor had. Since most of the sheet goods went through the CNC router it became a bottle neck to the whole production process. It left men standing around waiting for parts that were either cut or machined wrong by the cnc which does not have a brain of its own. I hated getting updates no matter what they said it would do better. So they fixed and or added 5 things and broke 10. To me it made no sense and still does not today. Operating systems are like that they will take a button that has been on the right of the screen and in the next OS they will move it to somewhere else, no rhyme no reason other then change, not productive not beneficial. Sorry for the rant I guess its why we long for days past. I know some things have gotten easier but not without the frustration they bring with it. Anyway this too shall pass

  43. #43cuttin edge2026-02-10 11:45

    Comes down to management. We have had great experiences with cat service, Volvo, Strongco is the dealer, they are great, wajax Boyd equipment same . Now the Leeboy and Mauldin dealer not great. Mauldin sent me. The operator an update patch, and I gave it to the service rep to install. When we bought the grader I had to show the service guy how everything worked they knew nothing about the product they were selling

  44. #44DDoug2026-02-11 08:33

    What is so sad about Wabco buying them ?

  45. #4552ironman2026-02-11 10:29

    watch the Youtube video of Mr LeTourneau. He started the company, grew it to be one of the most successful businesses of the time. at about 65 ready to retire he sold to Westinghouse where they made promises to him about his employees future. But being a bunch of bean counters they did not understand his management style, his loyalty to his employees and customers. In a short time they basically destroyed what he had spent decades building. Bottom line is when money is the only consideration in making high level decisions it hardly ever turns out well. ie.. Someone said earlier that Bobcat used to be a great company (Past tense) When customers are treated poorly for any reason its only a matter of time before they go elsewhere and, in the process, tell all their friends of their experience. That is the recipe for failure

  46. #46DDoug2026-02-11 10:40

    Yes, I've seen the video's. But IIRC Wabco just bought the electric truck division, Letourneau is still alive in Texas. And then Wabco Haulpack got sold to Komatsu. What is the trouble with Wabco Haulpack & Komatsu ?

  47. #4752ironman2026-02-11 11:58

    My comment was about westinghouse not any current company. Mr LeTourneau restarted his company after his non compete was over. Did not follow it past that

  48. #48Tones2026-02-11 15:49

    Komatsu got all of LeTourneau Westinghouse (WABCO) and P&H when they purchased Sun Global. That deal headed off Caterpillar on the mining machinery front. ASFAIK the scraper market front Komatsu hasn't continued it but that was included in the deal

  49. #4952ironman2026-02-11 16:27

    Interesting history

  50. #50MG842026-02-12 08:00

    I would second that opinion of Bobcat, not just the company but the machines themselves. They made some great equipment in the '80s and '90s, ok in the early 2000s. The 753-763, 853-863 and their predecessors were excellent skid steers. Things were going down hill by the mid-2000s and really went to crap after Doosan bought it in 2007. There is not any Bobcat equipment made in the past 20 years that I would own. The quality and reliability is not on par with other top tier brands and the company is not one I want to deal with.

  51. #51Welder Dave2026-02-20 02:45

    Kind of late but I think the machine might have been used as demo machine if it had 4.5 hours. I was pi$$ed my new skid steer had 13.5 hours on it. Thankfully the dealer handled warranty pretty good and the 500 hour service was included for free. A few years later when the owner of the dealer was running it into the ground the service went to complete ****. An anti chatter damper was put on the lift valve was the biggest warranty issue. If you have a problem with a brand new machine the dealer should look after it ASAP! A good sales person goes a long way too. My dad sold equipment and went to the factories for training many times. When new machines came out he studied all the manuals so he knew the machines inside out and could answer any questions customers had. When he demo'd a machine he got the person who would operate it to drive it. That way he could explain how it works and answer questions from the people who would be buying it. He had about 75% market share for close to 40 years because he looked after his customers. A lot of sales people don't put much effort into learning the machines or knowing their customers needs. They like to bash the competition though. When I worked in industrial supplies there was a sign on the wall that said something along the lines of customer service is more important than the brand name or colour of the product.

  52. #52KSSS2026-02-20 08:36

    I wouldn't get excited about 4.5 hours on the clock By the time the machine is loaded at the factory, run through a PDI it can account for those hours.

  53. #5352ironman2026-02-20 10:05

    I dont have a real problem with the hours, just don't want the dealer accrediting those to me. I have read a bunch of comments on how diesel machines run rough. While that may be the case I believe it would run rough at all rpms. I think they have a machine that was designed wrong or cast wrong or have a mechanical imbalance or perhaps a bad injector but if that is the case calling it normal is a cover up. They don't want to recall a bunch of machines as that would be expensive. letting it ride simply kicks the problem down the road and I am sure they hope that before it becomes a new engine problem the machine will be out of warranty or maybe they just won't be in business by then. The mechanic they sent out said Bobcat is having many issues since Doosan bought them, they are down to 1 mechanic and so they may also be having issues. Why is it the customer is always caught in the middle. The manager of the dealership said the E40 dont have the same issue. I tried to see what engine they have in them and who makes it. They dont say if it a 4 cylinder or 3, they call it a Bobcat engine but that may not be all together true. Maybe Kioti made it with a Bobcat name on it. The only thing I know for sure is it's 40hp And correct me if i am wrong the E40 seems to be built on a E35 frame as all the specs seem the same and even with a larger engine the hydraulic out put seems to be the same Never thought buying a new machine would be such an unpleasant experience. The LAST DAYS maybe Take care all

  54. #54KSSS2026-02-20 10:09

    Does the dealer or some other dealer have the same model you could run? Compare a different machine of the same model and see if it has the same issue.

  55. #5552ironman2026-02-20 10:29

    They are supposed to bring out a machine on Monday, but I told them if you cant find another e35 that does not have that heavy vibration maybe bring out a E40 as he said they dont have that. HMMM so then it is possible to build an engine that does not have that vibration again HMMM Also the machine has a idle rpm of 1300 and a top rpm of 2550 thats a 1250rpm span. This thing runs rough from 1600-1900 So basically I lose 25% or that span. If i were to use it in that area that vibration is certainly not good for the machine. In my mind that is just not an acceptable number

  56. #56Nige2026-02-20 10:35

    That is not usually the case. Please see my first response (Post #2) to your specific thread regarding the vibration issues with your machine. HeavyEquipmentForums

  57. #57Nige2026-02-20 14:26

    Does the Operator Manual make any mention of how the manufacturer recommends the engine to be run.? Usually there will be some sort of advice, relating to hydraulic or cooling system performance, etc. I don’t know if this engine has any emissions equipment on it but if it does then the perceived wisdom is to run it at full speed as much as possible to avoid the possibility of aftertreatment system issues.

  58. #58Welder Dave2026-02-20 18:10

    The 4.5 hours isn't an issue at all but the vibration needs to be checked out. I wouldn't be thinking the worst possible reason for the vibration. A good mechanic should be sale to figure what's causing the vibration. If it is something that's not easily fixed (or can't be fixed) you should get another machine or your money back especially if it's common to that model of machine. The 1300 RPM idle seems high to me. Most diesels idle under 1000 RPM'S. I wonder if the idle is higher because of vibration at a lower RPM? If that's the case maybe that model of engine has some bigger issues. As far as operating I think most applications would call for full throttle but light duty maybe about 3/4 throttle. First thing though is to have it thoroughly diagnosed. It could be something simple.

  59. #59Allan M2026-02-20 19:21

    Sorry for your situation. I purchased a new Kubota LX3310 with aux hydraulics and rear hydraulics installed. The machine was delivered with less than an hour on it. Within 1.5 hours I blew a seal on the rear hydraulic value block (installed for the rear remote hydraulic controls at the dealership). I was fortunate that the hydraulic fluid, under tremendous pressure, was directed at the right inside fender well. I was of course indirectly drenched in fluid. The salesperson, great guy, had a mechanic out to my place in about 2 hours. He replaced the blown seal, topped off the hydraulic fluid, and I was good go (after a thorough shower). Okay, stuff happens. One hour later I rolled the front R14 tread tire off the left front while turning slowly on an asphalt road slightly inclined. The road rash ripped up the rim. Again, the salesman was responsive. He ordered a new rim and tire. Meanwhile, in checking the tires out the fronts were under inflated 10 psi, the rears also under inflated 10 psi. I topped off the tires. The next morning I came out to the barn and I had a flat right front tire. I yanked the wheel, filled it and put it in the swimming pool to check for leaks. I had a bead leak--and it turns out I had a bead leak on both fronts. I called the service manager who said, direct quote: "You bought it, it's yours once off the lot." I said, when I buy a new car I expect the tires to be inflated correctly, fluids to be set correctly, and the car safe to drive. This tractor cost me what a mid-range car costs and I have leaking front tires, a blow hydraulic cylinder, and checking fluids, crankcase oil overfilled by 1 qt and hydraulic fluid low. The service manager didn't respond further. The salesman came through with a new tire and rim. So, I switched dealerships for service. Bead sealer fixed the fronts. ********. I've since purchased a grapple for this tractor and a brush mower for my excavator. Guess where I didn't buy it. A quick thought on your vibration issue: I had a compact tractor with a three cylinder engine which was rubber mounted. At 1100 RPM idle it shook a lot. It turns out that in about 10 hours this shaking cracked the exhaust manifold which contributed more to the shaking. I replaced the manifold with a new one which also broke in about 10 hours. A metal worker welded and reinforced my second broken manifold. After that and for the life of this tractor (owned it for about 450 hours) I wouldn't idle it below 1400ish RPM where it ran smoother. As noted above, I'd trailer this new excavator and take it back to the dealer. Try another similar machine too to see if it has the same vibration characteristics. Good luck.

  60. #60MG842026-02-20 19:45

    Probably a long shot and isn't an option, but I'd send it back and get your money back if possible. You can't go wrong with the Japanese brands, Kubota, Takeuchi, Yanmar, Hitachi, etc. My experience is they are generally very reliable, smooth running and quiet machines. A Kubota KX033 or U35 or Takeuchi TB235 would be a huge upgrade vs the Bobcat you have now, and both from companies that actually care about their customers.

  61. #61KSSS2026-02-20 19:58

    This has probably been asked, but did you demo it before you bought it or did you order it, it showed up and they delivered it?

  62. #62HarleyHappy2026-02-21 10:27

    In this situation, to get an idea of what you are talking about. How about trying to post a video, on You Tube, with a half glass of water on the top cover. Going through the ranges of RPM, so we can visually see, the vibration you’re talking about. While I sympathize with your situation, it’s hard to know if it’s excessive or not. My experience with the newish diesels are they are even hard to tell they are even diesels, they run so nice.

  63. #6352ironman2026-03-17 20:11

    I thought I would update on the Bobcat E35 - E40 saga.The dealer took the E35 back and we decided that we would give the E40 a try. After cleaning all the grease that the dealer got all over in an effort to clean the grease at the joints ended up with a think layer everwhere. So after 2 days of cleaning this brand new machine I was under neath it and noticed hydraulic fluid dripping from the slew valve. I thought this is just a bad idea to keep trying to get a Bobcat to work. Back to the drawing board, Now looking at a Takeuchi TB240

  64. #64MG842026-03-18 08:11

    Glad they took the Bobcat machine back. I'd look at both the offerings from Kubota and Takeuchi, I don't think you could go wrong with either. The TB240's are nice machines, I'd also check out the Kubota KX040, they are the #1 selling model/brand of mini-ex in the world for a reason.

  65. #65KSSS2026-03-18 09:40

    That is good they took it back. Taki is a good machine, I like mine. The Case 42D is also a nice machine in that weight class.

  66. #6652ironman2026-03-20 08:54

    Thanks to all for the input. I am in the process of purchasing a Takeuchi TB240 would love to have a 250 or 260 but then I would have to get a cdl and a new trailer, ugh not in the cards. I had done quite a bit of research before getting the Bobcat but did not seem to help. My own lack of experience came into play as well. Experience is a high priced quantity paid for the hard way. At least that has been my experience. I sure hate the AI out there these days. Seems like nothing but a search engine that gathers info from other sources of ACTUAL Intelligence. so then that is not really intelligence is it???

  67. #67Nige2026-03-20 12:37

    AI seems to me like “we do the (search) work so that you don’t have to”. Thanks very much but I prefer to do it myself. Call me a dinosaur if you want to but that way of doing things sits better with me.

  68. #68BC Placer gold2026-03-20 15:06

    Sounds like a very wise choice! Also Kubota is a very good choice in that size class.... The small Yamnar's are excellent engines. The 4TNV88 in our Deere 50D is currently over 7500h.... Good luck!

  69. #69MG842026-03-20 19:00

    When it comes to anything in industry, the trades, mechanical, technical, etc AI really seems to struggle. It complies random bits of info it gets from here and there into meaningless slop. To those without real world knowledge of a subject it may 'sound' good, presented in a nice polished concise manner, but the info is often completely wrong. It's like that dumb person that speaks with such authority on subjects they know nothing about...

  70. #70Nige2026-03-20 19:33

    Have you met my brother-in-law by any chance.?

  71. #71BC Placer gold2026-03-20 20:27

    I personally know several professional ---amateur---'geologists' ---amazing the theories on glacial movement and subsequent deposition of mineable placer deposits!

  72. #7252ironman2026-03-20 23:36

    Looks like I am not alone. The real intelligence in the world is why we are in so much trouble The artificial intelligence manufactured by the aforementioned can only make things worse, OUIVEY Hey AI did I spell that right Thanks for making my wife and I smile

  73. #73John C.2026-03-21 00:25

    I think the promise of AI is that it will actually be able to do something instead of just telling you something. Say your machine suddenly starts running slow, the AI pops up and tells you to change the fuel filters. Or it identifies the problem and gives you a list of parts to change. It could be more complicated in maybe running a power plant with only human oversight. Maybe something like Chernobyl couldn’t have happened if humans hadn’t totally gone outside of design parameters.

  74. #74oldtom2026-03-21 03:00

    have one apart (new machine under extended warranty last week 16/3/2026, remove hydraulic pump ended fitting new one retaining c/clip missing from the input shaft .

  75. #75CM19952026-03-21 10:24

    Cat introduced an AI product like that at Conexpo.

  76. #76KSSS2026-03-21 11:03

    BC released something kinda like that on their CTL Pro series. You can talk to it and it does things, sounds kind of like Alexa with an AI capability. Using your voice to do like 50 tasks, change hyd flow, operate some machine functions, turn the defrost on, lights on. Which is kind of like all those futuristic ideas, perhaps works awesome when it works, and another opportunity for an expenditure when it doesn't.

  77. #77MG842026-03-21 12:39

    Is any of this stuff people actually want or asked for? Or is it just another case of big companies shoving this crap down the consumers throats? I can also see it being a good way for them to weasel you into a subscription service...

  78. #7852ironman2026-03-21 12:59

    One day no one will have work as some Artificial human will be doing that for you, hey that sounds like a theme for a song, Oh wait its already a song from the 70's "In the year 2525 if man is still alive, if woman can survive,---- In the year 5555 Your arms are hanging limp at your sides Your legs got nothing to do Some machine's doing that for you. I will add in the year 2026 okay, you guys take it from there

  79. #79KSSS2026-03-21 13:46

    Yea, I could for sure see them making it a subscriber service. I don't think anyone asks for this sort of stuff. I think there is a constant push to innovate (the word is subjective). So you get releases like this. It will be interesting to see what comes of it.

  80. #80Mr. Wrench2026-03-21 20:59

    I question the safety of some of that. I was reading in a magazine about a company looking into using gestures to activate some functions. What if you stop to answer a phone call and you are talking and making motions and it turns on a function you did not intend to turn on? What if there are people close when that happens?

  81. #81KSSS2026-03-21 21:21

    If I understand the BC system, you first have to push a button on the control handle to activate the system.

  82. #8252ironman2026-03-28 10:12

    Well nothing seems easy anymore after 2 weeks of dealing with the finance company (DLL) for the Takeuchi I decided this is pushing me to purchase a Kubota. They made it a more enjoyable experience. I have searched the internet and could hardly find 1 bad experience with the Kubota. There are videos of things people did not like but I am sure that would be true of any machine, but overall it appears that even the ones that did not like a certain thing all said they were extremely happy with their purchase. So next week I will be taking possession of a 2026 Kubota KX040-5 It seems that the only weird thing is the quick coupler but intime I think it will be second nature, (I hope, ) Well time will tell! Again thanks to all that have taken their time to chime in on this thread.

  83. #83BC Placer gold2026-03-28 10:30

    I believe you have made an excellent choice! We had a KX040-4 for several years it was my favourite mini (and we have owned/operated many over the years). Very powerful for its size, also fast yet smooth hydraulics. I didn't like the non-sealed (open floor pan)...I believe this was rectified in the -5 series. The main reason I didn't like this open cab floor----mice chewing our brand new seat----while the machine wintered over on a. mountain top (lol!). The turboed engine was perfect in our application as we operated at around 6000-7000' elevation. What kind of coupler? Up here in BC, they came with a basic wedge coupler. Works well, no real loss of dig power at the bucket, and stays tight over life of machine. Keep us posted how it works out for you! on edit----We just purchased a Ritchie Bros. light tower powered by a Kubota D1005 and at 19,007 hours it runs like a Swiss watch lol! Great little engines....

  84. #84CM19952026-03-28 15:23

    I’ve had great service out of the Kubota engines owned over the years.

  85. #85MG842026-03-29 12:08

    I think you'll be very happy with the KX040, I haven't run any of the new -5 models but have lots of seat time on the KX040-4's and their predecessor the KX121-3, great all around machines. If the quick coupler is the standard Kubota mechanical type where you unsnap the lynch pin and remove the big pin to change buckets, they are real easy. The trick is to curl the bucket fully, bring the dipper stick in fully, then lower the boom almost to the ground. When you get the bucket at the right angle it will basically be balanced on the curved cutouts and the pin will slide out very easily. If it takes a hammer you are doing it wrong. All that said, if you have one of the new hyd. style couplers, not sure on that style as I've never used one.

  86. #86TimT2026-07-25 10:09

    Robert G Turnbull????????????? Must be you have not either.....Robert Letourneau is his name. You are no equipment man.

  87. #87TimT2026-07-25 10:19

    You need to research the subject. The history is massive, Letourneau plant in Longview builds the worlds largest wheel loaders which are sold under Komatsu Mining. P&H Mining shovels are still P&H But owned by ......Komatsu Mining......Demag Builds the huge hyd mining shovels for KOMATSU.Caterpilar Mining is even bigger..... It's a whole new world my man.