These beast have always been very intrigueing. It must be very different operating in hostile conditions. Post up any pics or specs? They tweak these for power at all? How much extra weight does this stuff add?
One more
Talk about visibility issues....LOL
damn a D8 Or d9 on steroids i bet that may SLOW A Bullet or 2 Down w/ all that armour on it how hard is to cut a grade w/ all the armour platin g on the machine ? im sure they have a laser type level system on them or somthing similar ? later yall Bulldog
I don't think they are worrying about any fine grading with those beasts, more like mass destruction
ya what i thought too just thinking out loud bout the grading i run a D8N For a buddy of mine some pushing 621's these dozers make his look like a tonka toy w/ the amour plating man what a dozer :usa later yall Bulldog
I sure would like to play with one of those though.
It looks like the israeli army running over those poor palestinian boys.
?? huh?
Dont mind those boys, just cause they are throwing rocks today. Wait until tomorrow when they are throwing fire bombs, lobbing mortors, firing rockets, and strapping on TNT vests
if it was a deere it wouldnt need armour...:thumbsup but really...wonder how big of a bi**h it is to get all that plating off if it blows a hose or something like that...:usa
Let's keep the conversation on the dozer and away from foreign politics please. The last discussion about these dozers ended up getting closed.
Somewhere on this site or the ACME site there was video posted of US dozers in Irac loading out on M1070 trucks and M1000 trailers....some armored, some not. They'd been building a berm all the way around a town to help control who was going in and out. http://www.primeportal.net/transports/m1070_home.htm
precisely, Steve
No political position taken here...just liked the video of the heavy equipment.
Yeah right , the deere couldnt handle the weight of all the armour:naughty Great pics, according to my brother , those dozers pictured have nothing on the ones that were on the battlefields when he was in iraq , he said those ones have even more armour all over the U/C and engine compartment
Found the video...tons of equipment. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJervtj8YEM
Not wanting or meaning to go politcal here at all, just was curious about the different dozers in the services. Found this one, I believe it is an M113
I recieved the chance to operate our Battalions Israeli modified D9R. It is currently stationed in Ramadi Iraq but has been in Fallujah ever since the war started. Like some have said it is not used for fine grading in the least, it is a tool for intense combat and demolitions. It also has an elevated gunner jumpseat next to the operators chair where a turret in the roof has been mounted and a medium machine gun can be placed. This particular dozer has also lead the way in Operation Phantom Fury for the battle of fallujah, the breach from kuwait into iraq, and has been in articles in magazines such as Soldier of Fortune. I believe there are only three of these in Iraq two owned by the US Army and one by us the Marines. The dozers name is Golda and was given to the marines as a present :usa while i was deployed to Iraq specifically both the blade and one of the tracks were hit by an IED improvised explosive device and niether caused much damage... definately not enough to stop a mission or immobalize the dozer. Also the blade was once hit by 80 kilos of explosiveand just "bounced" the bulldozer back as reported in Soldier of Fortune :beatsme, and has been hit by an RPG and hundreds of small arms rounds. no injuries or Machine problems have ever been linked to these attacks. The machine has also been used in some rescue missions such as freeing squads of trapped marines in heavy gunfire and tearing down multi-story buildings housing enemy snipers. Caterpillar definately produces the machine for the job, it is unstoppable unless the operator were to have gotten it stuck ... i will enclose some pictures for you all. :drinkup
some more pics-
HMMMM - good infor here. I will certainly be interested to purchase this dozer with gun-turret provisions for the next time my GC says, "that recycled processed has too much dirt in it" - after we drove on it all winter and spring with tires and tracks because he wouldn't let me pave it last year.:Banghead
Don't forget this beast.....correctly named....DUECE
was this machine manufactured by caterpillar? i remember seeing something like this being advertised by caterpillar a while ago. :beatsme
DEUCE Dozer....AWESOME! Got any more pics of the DEUCE? Those things are awesome! Although, I would NOT want the job of the guy in the skid steer, talk about a sand blasting. Thanks to all our service members, for their service, be safe guys!:usa:usa
Almost looks like a giant Fecon
Wouldn't it be smarter to have the sweeper follow the Duece with the blade?
Urban Warrior, with a Link http://www.defenselink.mil/photos/newsphoto.aspx?newsphotoid=1025
A slighty differnt take on it...
Yeah thats a nice piece of kit for sure.. I am a HEO in the Canadian Army and i wish we had them. Looks like a D9 we have D6's that is armoured but only to stop bullets. The 3rd pic shows the birdcage which is stand off against rpg's and yes it is also bullet proof against machine guns and rifles.. probably up to 50 cal.
Buisness only WE ONLY USE THESE FOR PUSHING A ROAD OR CLEARING ONE:usa
AWESOME STUFF!!!!!!!! :notworthy
couple of thoughts i had while watching that video. Leave it to the government to load them dozer's azz backwards *** is with that securement? They cant be serious with chains thrown over the top of the blade like that. I have a hell of a time keeping track of all the laborer's and grade setters on foot in ANSI class 2 and 3 fluorescent green and orange vests with ridiculous amounts of reflective on them. I could even imagine trying to keep tabs on all them solders wearing CAMO!
hahaha wellll you know the govt has its own set of safety rules and standards.... ill leave it at that! haha i have seen some pretty sketchy stuff especially in the sandbox. over there safety is basically thrown out the window for survival speed and mission accomplishment. which is good and bad depending on the situation. :usa
I saw this machine working today at Ft lewis
looks like an old D7G, I operated a few in the Marine Corps. only ours had EROPs on them... :drinkup
Someone said they wanted to see more DEUCE photos. I took these several years ago.
and these
It's a D7F, we just rebuilt one.
Awesome pictures made me proud as hell, loved the little message. There was alot of talk pre-war to how Israelis handled those D9 and taking out building if there was to great a threat of IEDs and Ambush. Glad to hear you guys got to use it to take out a few sniper nests. Main reason they dont use it as much for building demo is its PR hit. The D7g with armour package prewar was pretty worthless and had only one use of street clearing. Try not to narc on anything in military operation of equipment. I challenge any of you to start a business and employ strictly 18 year olds out of a two month tech school.
I wonder if the duece is where deere got there idea for the new high speed dozer?
I have some pictures mostly one's that I've downloaded as I like making plastic models and I do a lot of model railroading stuff. Plus I have an interest in any kind of earthmoving machine like the rest of you guys. I also have a pic of a Canadian M-113A2 working on the Brunkild "Z" dike during the flood of the century.
A couple from my extensive Combat Engineer career. I have a bunch from my tour in Iraq which I can't find right now. And as you see in the last picture, not all Army equipment is green. Thanks, cb1