Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

rebuild

stock ยท 2009-06-01 17:42

As it was a holiday week end we went to visit fingers only to find he had done this

Replies8
  1. #1stock2009-06-01 17:59

    What are the opinions of these please ? I have come across this before but lets educate some others ,with that I REQUEST the spanner benders hold off a while and lets see what is thrown up. STOCK

  2. #2Chris917862009-06-01 18:38

    Love the rust lol

  3. #3idler2009-06-01 20:52

    That is what happens when you use water instead of coolant for those sleves.

  4. #4gggraham2009-06-01 22:27

    Betting the counter bores don't look much better.

  5. #5Knucklehead2009-06-01 23:18

    I will second that. Betting the counter bores don't look much better. That to! Judging by the copper in the bearing, it is time for rods and mains anyhow,mat as well overhaul the ole girl.

  6. #6Knucklehead2009-06-01 23:23

    Betting the counter bores don't look much better. I will second that! That to!! Judging by the copper in the bearing, and the valve in the piston, it is time for a overhaul!!!!!!!!

  7. #7oldirt2009-06-03 18:03

    I would say you need some new parts..

  8. #8stock2009-06-03 19:05

    Firstly its not mine and the only input I had was to diagnose an issue with a liner,the pistons are from a D8K that has worked for the last 14years unopened ,but on her last outing she developed a nasty taste for 4gals [imp] of 15w40ce/cf4 per 8hr day ,so the reason for the two piston pictures was to show a good one and one with an issue that came out of pot #5 the question is what caused the damage??? and it is getting a rebuild with a new oil pump drive to boot. Stock