Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Delay on joystick controls for Genie s80

ernstZA ยท 2013-05-12 11:26

Hi Everybody I have a new question regarding this S80(2000-model; s/n:2089) we are trying to fix. When I operate the boom up on the joystick , the boom goes up and stop when I leave the joystick- that is normal.But when I operate the boom down on the joystick the boom goes down but when I leave the joystick it keeps going down for a while before it actually stops. I also have the same problem on the slew to the left or to the right. How and where do I need to look if I need to fix it?? Please give me some ideas Thank you

Replies2
  1. #1VoodooMojo2013-05-13 19:40

    The circuit boards for the Up/Down and Turntable Rotate Left/Right are mounted directly below their Dual Output Joystick. Rotate is the card on the left and Up/Down is the one directly to its right. There are "Ramp" adjustment Trimmer-Potentiometers (trim pots) on the respective Circuit Boards. Turn the trim-pots Counter-Clockwise at least 15 times. This will remove all the delay (ramp) that you are experiencing. When the delay is gone, re-adjust the delay by turning the Ramp trim-pots Clockwise to increase the delay to about 2 seconds drift after letting go of the Joystick. Turn them one turn at a time until you get the results you want. Once adjusted, secure the trim-pots with a lacquer base paint such as "white-out", paint pen, fingernail polish, etc. This will keep them from losing their adjustment due to vibrations, especially if the machine has a Deutz engine. Do not use "loctite or other thread adhesive/sealers or silicone gasket maker as they can cause damage to the trim-pots. I can add photos to this thread if needed.

  2. #2ernstZA2013-05-14 14:57

    Thank you for your reply. With your help I did manage to get the settings right. I think we did'nt really understand how it(the boom operation) was to suppose to work but all is good now . And we have a good S80 machine working on its first job today all went well.