Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Delivery truck custom made

Andre Grondin ยท 2010-01-05 14:08

Hi ! Here is one of my newest custom , not very inovative truck but lots of details , base is a conrad paystar , conrad atlas boom , tonkin headache box . side tool boxes, brass made mirror ( yes real mirrors) , painted interior, stretched frame . enjoy !!

Replies13
  1. #1CAT D9H2010-01-05 14:28

    Thats a great looking truck, I really like the way the bed looks I may have to post pics of mine

  2. #2Andre Grondin2010-01-05 14:32

    Hi ! Be my guess ! I'll be more than pleased to see others work of art and learn !!!

  3. #3CAT D9H2010-01-05 15:04

    Heres mine ,I started with a Mack Granite dump truck that I used for another custom , built the bed and added the palfinger crane , the tool box opens it was one of the boxes on a Tonkin drop deck trailer, here it is

  4. #4Andre Grondin2010-01-05 15:43

    Hi ! Nice looking rig you got there ! those Mack's are simply gorgeous !!! good idea for the tool box , I try to find a way to remove the chrome on part so it would look more like Alu boxes .

  5. #5CAT D9H2010-01-05 17:42

    Thanks, im pretty proud of it , I had to stretch the frame about an inch. its the only Mack in my collection other then the two B61's I have and the skid loader is the only model I have that isnt Cat other then a crusher

  6. #6landrvrnut222010-01-05 18:42

    That's a neat custom, but I gotta ask. Did you base this off a real truck? I looked at the pictures a few times, and it looked funny to me. Then it dawned on me. Every drywall truck I have been around, the crane base and turntable sit just behind the cab. Never seen one with the crane base on the back. Just an observation.

  7. #7Steve Frazier2010-01-05 20:41

    I used to do a lot of modeling when I was younger. If you soak chromed parts overnight in a 50/50 solution of clorox bleach and water, it will dissolve the chrome from the plastic and not harm the part.

  8. #8Andre Grondin2010-01-06 07:54

    HI ! The base truck is a Conrad 1/50 scale the Atlas crane is an NZG taken from another model , I should of write customised instead , and for the crane set-up in the back we see those every day. thank you for the comments

  9. #9Andre Grondin2010-01-06 07:56

    Fine I'll try that for sure , do you happen to know if it would do the same on die-cast chromed parts ? Thank's for the trick

  10. #10Steve Frazier2010-01-06 17:06

    That I can't say, I only worked with plastic model kits

  11. #11Andre Grondin2010-01-06 21:45

    Hi ! No problem I will try anyway and I will see the results , good or bad nothing beats the experience !!! LOL

  12. #12heavylift2010-01-07 17:28

    I guess depends on how they are ordered... most here are on the back, so the can reach the stuff on their trailers.

  13. #13Andre Grondin2010-01-07 19:40

    The truck is based on a real truck that we have here in Granby working for RONA ( same as home hardware ) .