Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Delux cab on older new holland

Zkdiesel · 2021-03-04 00:00

Made an old lx 885 have a cab off a late model L185 vertical headlight machine. This is the garbage I got for free off a customer

Replies10
  1. #1Zkdiesel2021-03-04 00:03

    Sectioned 2” out of door and frame and reworked top lexan that covers opening and it fits well Powder coated door Installed late model vertical headlights, filled the power section with some federal signal dual filament impact lights for additional led lighting and strobe lighting in one

  2. #2Zkdiesel2021-03-04 00:05

    Glued 1/4” scratch resistant lexan in it.

  3. #3skata2021-03-04 00:33

    What kind of track system is that?

  4. #4ThreeCW2021-03-04 10:58

    Nice job on the door. Thanks for sharing

  5. #5skata2021-03-04 11:33

    I guess they most important thing is, did you have the safety support on the lift arms so the boom don't drop on you?

  6. #6Zkdiesel2021-03-04 17:14

    Of course! So easy on a new holland why wouldn’t you Those are Loegering vts tracks. Machine is more of a shop bitch machine than a workhorse so they work out fine

  7. #7ThreeCW2021-03-04 23:12

    I had a 2002 New Holland LS160 ... the hand lever inside the cab to engage the Boom Lock Pins was a really handy feature. I wish I had something similar on my CAT 242B !

  8. #8Zkdiesel2021-03-04 23:25

    I park them in the lot like that in case they sit there for weeks so getting to the battery is easier if needed

  9. #9ThreeCW2021-03-04 23:45

    It is a bit of a trade off doing that ... leaving your ram cylinders exposed to the elements vs. having good access to your batteries. Another option would be to install a solar battery charger (or onboard charger if power is available) and keep your rams closed

  10. #10Zkdiesel2021-03-04 23:50

    Customer machines! More work for me! My machines all have remote jump terminals near hydraulic filter in rear door