This is one of the last remaining H241's in the world. This machine was assembled in 1988; scrapped in February 2010. 22 years of moving rock. I get a lot of questions regarding why the machine appears to be so slow. The H241's were always as slow as what you see in my videos. Back when the 241 was introduced, hydraulics were not what they are like today. The bigger the machine, the slower it was. The first prototype H241 to leave Düsseldorf had a decal inside the cab that read "world's largest hydraulic excavator", as at one time, this machine was the largest excavator in the world. The 310 ton DEMAG is equipped with a 21yd bucket. As the machine was getting ready to be walked to the “bone yard" to be cut up. I asked the operator to work the machine for me for the last time, which is what you see in this video YouTube - DEMAG H241 Backhoe in Action Last video, I was invited up with the operator as the machine was being walked. I was given the chance to take the machine on her last walk. YouTube - DEMAG H241 Takes a Final Walk
No replies yet.