i was hired to demo a 60,000 square foot bus depot how much would you guys charge to do the demo
All depends on if the building is pretty empty on the inside. Concrete, steel, wood. Local regulations, dumping fees. Give me some more information and I'll see if I can help.
the building is empty it was gutted in a fire which i was one of the first firefighters on scene and the building is tin and steel which i will take to the salvage yard and there is also 4 large ac units on the roof
Well going on your description. I'd plan on have a PC300 with a grapple and another machine with a shear. Knock it down sort it out and load out the steel I'd say somewhere around $40,000, but I wouldn't go based on my price because I haven't seen the job. if you have to take out the concrete floor, a 8" slab with no walls or footings is about 1700 yds of concrete. For that you'd need about 2 days depending on how far the dump is and how quick you can get trucks. Loading 1,000 yds a day is feasible depending on trucks. I would suggest dumptrailers. All together to remove the concrete and knock down the steel I'd say anywhere from $50,000 to $65,000. You can adjust the price based on the price of scrap steel. The ac units should be loaded with copper. Sorry for possibly confusing you, but without looking at the job thats about the best i can figure going with my previous experiences.
thanks i decided to charge $50,000 and they agreed so i start in the morning i have rented a cat 320cl with thumb and a cat th360b forklift and my buddy is lending me his truck and dump trailer i would have gotten a shear but nobody had one so i guess i better stock up on saw blades and pull a laborer off another job and i also rented a few rolloff containers pics will come tomorrow
Good luck , take some pics. :drinkup
here are a few pics as of 4:30 half of the building is down and i started to sort some of the material and about 2:30 the news crew showed up to take video for the 5 oclock news story they are doing
Very nice. What kind of equipment do you own yourself?
Great pictures of the bus depot demo, fireman, and congratulations for getting your job on the news. That is great publicity.
Good stuff man. :drinkup So how many containers you reckon you will have to fill?
thanks am guessing i'll fill around 15 to 20 containers
i own a kobelco sk150 a case 850g dozer a kubota m5040 tractor with loader and boxblade and bush hog attachments a cat 246b skidsteer a bobcat t250 track skidsteer a kobelco sk42 mini excavator a 2004 sterling rolloff truck and a few other things i cant remember
Thanks for the pics. Good luck with the job. What state are u in ?
Great pics fireman, looks like a fun job, are you a paid FF, and you play in the dirt on you off days or a volly who plays in the dirt everyday?
mississippi
i am paid part time for the city of jackson
finished yet? I'd like to know how you made out actual cost wise vs estimate. I'm estimating more demo jobs now and like to learn from other's experiences.
Demo Yeah, how did that demo job turn out for you fireman? Demo can be very profitable. I am looking to invest some money in demo companies, if you know of any.