As I understand it, this is called an omega series 20 ton, rough terrain crane. I believe it is a 1978 model with 471 detroit. We are in desperate need of wiring diagrams so we can fix an outrigger issue. To put it in perspective, there is a truck headed out way right now. The issues on the crane were not expected and was understood that crane was "ready to go"...lol Now we are in a jam. No outriggers, no lift. There are 2 wires going back to a "reversing valve" or two way spool that controls which way the rigger functions go. There is another valve block that selects the functions, and the reverse valve selections the direction of travel. Just need to figure out where those wires go so we can repair that.
Is this the same crane in the other thread ? HeavyEquipmentForums I don't have a diagram nor have I ever worked on a P&H . My Grove has the electric buttons in the cab to set the outriggers . The electric valves are all mounted down on the carrier chassis. In between the switches & valves is a set of brushes on an electric swivel coupling mounted in the center of the swing bearing. Just wonder if the P&H crane is set up similar? On mine I remove the cover every spring as mice like to nest under it . Here is what my grove brush ring looks like.
I've got a p&h 15t diagram at work. I'll scan it tomorrow and post it up.
TD, yes, same machine. However, our problems are not from any brushes, it is from a lack of power to the actuators. Just need to determine how power gets to the valves so we can fix it. Dinale, thank you! It is going to be way cold today so we won't be working on this anyway but need to get a plan together. We now have a trailer of equipment sitting idle, waiting to unload....
Make sure you have power to the switches in the cab. I don't have a wiring diagram but those are pretty simple. If you have wires hanging loose you'll have to get under there with a voltmeter and figure the wires out that way. If your getting nothing I would check to make sure you have power going to the switches in the cab. Also on older cranes most of the time when outriggers don't work in the winter it's because one of the main valves is froze up.
Let me know if this helps. I'll leave it up to you as to which schematic suits your 20t. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpNWhmbEJETGtwQlU/edit?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpUDZxS3hkSWpteUU/edit?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpUndIZGRCdzNxT0E/edit?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpVUpOQ1pWRUpvdTg/edit?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpY1kyMHBIQWNyRGM/edit?usp=sharing https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8L13QuTYzHpdkNzNFhQOExfUmM/edit?usp=sharing
OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks a bunch for that. I will get all these loaded up tomorrow but I can tell looking at the first one that it seems right and answered a few questioned I had. With that, I feel we can get it fixed up in short order. Thanks again for that!
Thanks These scans are useful! What is the possibility of sending me a scan of the complete manual? Send to [email protected]
We got a P&H Omega 20 ton crane and the front to Outriggers will not retract all the way and now will not extend. When you hit the switch for in or out it trys to move then stops. They do go up and down. plus can't get it to go forward or backwards. can anybody help with this
I would guess the outrigger beam issue is related to the solenoid. Either the solenoid for that function is bad, or you're losing the electrical to it. Time to get out the test light. The "can't get it to go forwards or backwards", I'm guessing this is also a electrical issue, maybe swivel related. More test light work. And for some reason, I'm thinking maybe some of those used air controls for the transmission? If so that could be related to cold weather and air leaking.
Thank you I will get to it and let you know the out come.
Hello, I have an Omega 23 crane and I need the electrical wiring diagram, especially for the outriggers, could you help me? Thank you!!
I have a P&H 50t, can anyone assist me with wiring diagrams please. The only thing it does is start the engine.