Is there anyone out there that travels to fix Kobelco excavators or knows someone that does.
What is the problem you have
Mainly swing and tracking problems. Trying to signal out problems but not real knowledgeable about testing. Since I have a full time job its hard to stay focused on how systems work. Need someone with the know how to tell me what and where to test or someone to come figure out problems at a reasonable price.
I don't like slinging parts I believe you should test and find the problem and fix it
You need to hire Mr. Kobelco. He used to be a member here and helped a lot of people. He resigned and started charging for his advice. Money well spent IMO
Does he travel or just an over the air helper
I think you get a year of advice thru Q&A online. There's an incredible thread where he answered questions on here if you use the search function.
surely you have a local dealer that can help? I don't understand.
Your problem has probably already been solved. Paste this into google: Mr Kobelco site:HeavyEquipmentForums Then start reading. Then replace Mr. Kobelco with Kobelco swing problems and search again. Then read some more. Finally replace swing problems with Kobelco tracking problems and search again. Your problem should be solved.
Depending on where he's located it's probably a thousand or so to get a truck out plus $100.00 to $150 per hour for the mechanic. There are some mechanics that are a bargain at that price and some that would break you working for nothing if you had to pay the parts and service call.
I live in cat and delete world if I mentioned Kobelco to any dealers around here I might get beheaded if you know what I mean. Plus the closest equipment dealer to me is little over an hour away. That's 300. To take to them and 500 to get to me. Ouch!!! I'm just a poor GM mechanic and part time farmer I know you've all heard my story before. Little up date though good friend and excellent mechanic let me use a pressure gauge kit he has he thinks it is mainly for cat but if some of the adapters will work I can check different things and either figure it out or post some results instead of crying in my beer to you poor fellas that have read and answered my post. Thanks to everyone out there hopefully my next post will be a little more informative. Thank you guys
Sorry that was cat and Deere world can't even make a good joke with these so called smart phones
You need to read this thread, especially page 33. If your problem isn't solved do the Google site search and you will probably find it. I have been chasing a power loss for a few weeks and a couple of members helped me find it. It ended up being a dirty connection in a engine harness plug. That probably saved me at least $5,000.00 by not having to call out the dealer. With a little time you can get this. HeavyEquipmentForums