Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Detroit Diesel 8.2L – Excessive Fuel in the Crankcase

Lou D. ยท 2022-01-04 11:50

Looking for some advice on troubleshooting the cause of excess fuel in the crankcase of my Detroit Diesel 8.2L I'm running this 8.2L in my 1986 Koehring 6625 Excavator. The model number on the 8.2L is a 4083-7300 indicating that it is an 8.2 liter, 8 Cylinder, industrial application, turbo charged engine. I've been finding excess amounts of fuel (about a gallon of excess fuel) in the crankcase after about 8 hours of operation. I've changed the fuel pump recently thinking this was the issue, but the problem still persists. What is the collective groups advice on what could be causing the issue and what steps I should take before digging in and pulling stuff apart? Thanks in advance! Lou

Replies2
  1. #1heymccall2022-01-04 12:13

    https://www.thedieselstop.com/threads/fuel-pump-on-detroit-diesel-fuel-pincher-engine.456602/

  2. #2Lou D.2022-01-04 14:44

    Thanks for the quick response. I'll start with the leaking injector seal. Now I just have to figure out which one is leaking. Any advice on that? A florescent kit maybe?