Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz 2.9L Fuel issue

Eric Sanderson · 2025-09-18 10:00

Am I correct in assuming a 60psi drop to 0 in less than 40sec on a pressure test from the low pressure lift pump is a problem? I would figure that the pump should hold at least most of the pressure when shut down if not all. This is on a Ditch Witch JT20 Tier 4 directional drill. This would be the second failed pump in 3yrs if so

Replies2
  1. #1Simon C2025-09-19 20:55

    Have the fuel filters been properly maintained. Just wondering, if it is a work off the side of the block pump or is it an electric. Never worked on one yet. Simon C

  2. #2thepumpguysc2025-09-19 22:14

    IDK much about that pump but if it was a mechanical inj pump, I’d say with certainty that the overflow valve spring is broken.. If it has a supply pump, I’d change or disassemble that 1st..