Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz B/FL 1011F engine not starting

Jacobz2017 ยท 2017-03-10 05:01

Hi, I have a Kaeser M76 compressor with deutz engine. Was working fine yesterday but today it won't start. The engine won't even turn over, instead I have a clicking noise (one click). The shut off handle flicks to a position too (I've never had to use the handle so only recently learned that it was even a shut off handle) not sure if the handle is on or off position. Does anyone have any trouble shooting methods to work out what the problem is? Thanks in advanced.

Replies2
  1. #1funwithfuel2017-03-10 11:46

    first thing you want to do is look at your battery and connections , are they ok. next put a ratchet and socket on the crankshaft bolt. turn the engine over by hand, feeling for hard stops you should feel compression not mechanical stops as you would feel with a broken timing belt.

  2. #2funwithfuel2017-03-10 11:47

    BTW when you go into crank , using the starter, do your cables "jump"