How do i remove the fuel injection pump on a kubota D1105 engine and do i have to do anything to maintain the timing
The timing is set w/ metal shims under the injection pump.. no need to reset, just keep the original shims on the block.. DO NOT send them w/ the pump to be repaired.. I like to remove the side cover 1st.. sometime you find your problem right there & theres no need to go further. Remove the injector lines at both ends & set aside.. remove the fuel inlet line. Then the intake manifold has to come off.. Its just a couple of bolts. Then the 4 nuts/bolts holding the pump down & your done.. Whats the problem w/ yours?? ALL THIS can be done by the homeowner w/ just a couple of METRIC wrenches & sockets. I see on ebay they have rebuilt ones for 450.00.. it can be done cheaper.. if you know a guy.
1 thing I forgot to mention> IF the engine shuts off w/ the key switch, it means it has an electric sh-off solenoid on it.. some are external, meaning they engage the throttle or sh-off lever OUTSIDE the engine.. and some are internal, meaning they attach to the engine block & engage the engines internal control rack to shut the fuel off.. IF ITS INTERNAL.. you must remove the solenoid first, before removing the pump.. good luck & let us know how your making out..
The head gasket went on the motor so I replaced the head gasket. The owner said that the machine had been sitting for 2 years and when I cranked it over to bleed the Injectors the fuel was a dark yellow so I replaced the fuel and the filter bled the lines and the motor started and ran for about 3 minutes and shut off and wouldn't start again I took off the injector lines and cranked the motor and nothing comes out of the pump
aahhh the plot thickens.. those things are a bitch to bleed the air out.. if it has an electric shut off on it> take it out of the equasion.. IF it has an electric feed pump on it, make sure it works..Loosen the inlet line and make sure you have fuel TO the inj. pump..
The electric pump works fine and I have fuel right to the pump if I take the little bleeder screw out fuel pours out and the fuel goes back to the fuel tank through the overflow line
Other than an electric shut off solenoid being bad, it has to be the inj. pump, if its not pumping.