Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Deutz bmf1011f jumping timing

mwenrick ยท 2024-01-16 22:05

I have a Deutz Bmf1011f that runs very smooth for about 10 minutes after I set the timing then screeches and jumps timing a little bit. Belt tension is correct and stays tight. I think I have it narrowed down to the teeth on the cam and govenor plate. Are there supposed to be teeth on both the cam and govenor plate or are the cam teeth meant to bite into the plate?

Replies3
  1. #1mwenrick2024-01-16 22:07

    The plate

  2. #2willie592024-01-16 22:18

    Check the torque tightness on the crankshaft timing gear bolt. On those engines the timing gear on the crankshaft will rotate when the bolt is loose, that's how you adjust the timing. Once you get the timing set with the timing pins you lock down the crankshaft bolt to secure the timing gear on the crankshaft. If that bolt isn't torqued properly the gear will slip on the crankshaft.

  3. #3mwenrick2024-01-16 22:52

    I was using a angle Guage to get my additional 210 degrees but it didn't feel very accurate so I just bought a new digital torque wrench... good points. Thank you