Hi all... I have a Snorkel TBA 60 RZ boom lift with a Deutz F4L-1011F engine which dogs out when trying to travel in the Platform "High Speed" position. It was suggested by a tech at Snorkel that I (may) have a fuel flow problem. I want to test the fuel pump pressure but I can not find anything online which tells me what an OEM pump puts out. Does anyone here know? Any other thoughts on the Snorkel issue? Thanks, Walt~
Does that engine have a inline pump filter like the duetz 2011 model?
Depending on the type of inj. pump.. but 14 psi is good..
I DOES have an inline canister type filter as well an inline see thru one which I installed to monitor fuel a couple of years ago. I have replaced both and have also checked to see if I had good flow through the lines. Thanks guys for the responses, Walt~
I finally connected thru "Deutz Americas" referral to a dealer in Mi. for Tech Support. Guy had allot of good info. Told me that the output for the lift pump is 3 to 4 psi. ...Thanks for the input, W~
Having a very similar issue on a Snorkelift TB-50 w/ a Deutz F3L 1011F… the machine struggles w/ inclines, especially when attempting to load the machine onto a trailer for transport, and struggles w/ turning on inclines. An older TB-50 Snorkelift Ops Manual notes, when it comes to inclines: 1) use high rpm w/ low speed settings. 2) don’t attempt inclines > than 25 degs. (which doesn’t help when loading the machine onto a trailer for transport). In addition, our TB-50 has several quick attach ports (name?) -similar to connecting an air hose to air compressor- for reading hydraulic PSI output(s). I attached a hydraulic test gauge to the hydraulic pump port and attempted to record psi readings for as many of the machines functions / combinations of that I could think of. Another of the manuals I uncovered, for models produced 4 years post our TB-50 (2000) had 500 hour inspection hydraulic pump PSI output readings notated in it. Granted, the info may not have been the same (different pump / F4L vs F3L Deutz etc.), our machine well beyond 500 hrs (just passing 4000 hrs), etc. Nonetheless, the readings weren’t even close… our machine being far less than what the manual indicated as acceptable. Also worth noting - having an issue upon start-up. No matter the ambient air or engine temp... the engine starts, runs rough (like its missing) for 5-30 secs, then seems to smooth out. With no previous MX records on this machine's, I started w/ the basics… changing fluids, filters, etc. I just noticed yesterday that the inline fuel filter is dirty, will change that out. However, fuel flow (prior to fuel pump seems ok). I have consulted numerous individuals on the rough start issue (1 diesel mechanic even)… some think it’s related to: 1) low compression 2) clogged injectors 3) bad fuel pump 4) old diesel. Any suggestion on which of these potential issues, less old diesel, to start with? I can test compression, but am still looking for the appropriately sized adapter? Does anyone know the size? Perhaps there is a correlation between the rough start and the hill climbing issue? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank You. -Nick
Are you smoking. Diesel exhaust smoke can tell you wonders about what’s going on. Color smell etc. Try this if you suspect your supply Side. Get a cheap electric fuel pump from any auto parts store. A new inline filter and some fuel line. Bypass your mechanical lift pump. And your fuel supply hose leave the cap off and stick your new supply line feeding your electric fuel in the tank. Make sure it’s in there so It will suck fuel not air. Install your new inline filter. Hook your supply side direct to the main fuel port on your injection pump. Bypass the whole supply side. Problem gone then it’s either a hose collapsing, fuel tank not venting, bad lift pump. There are other ways like plumping a cheap Fuel pressure gauge but 4/5 psi on a mechanical lift pump is hard to register. Electric pump is a quick easy cost effective diagnostic tool. Still got the problem it’s time to look at the IP and injectors. Of course this all assumptions that you have a fuel issue which I would lean towards. But you could have a hydraulic issue pulling it down as well. Stuck relief valve etc causing your issue on the high speed drive side. Need some more info
Hi guys, Hope you don't mind me asking a couple questions about my 2005 JLG 400S with F 3M 2011 Deutz (ser #1037316). Was running fine yesterday, then rough, then quit. Feels/sounds like fuel. I will change the inline filter today. Canister was recently replaced. Does this unit have mechanical or electric pump? Control panel shows low fuel, but I can see the tank is half full. Any help with part numbers and procedures greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Was a dead bug stuck in the fuel supply line at the 90 degree plumbing bend on top of the fuel tank. Was obviously in the tank and got sucked up while in high speed and bouncing around. Has a mechanical pump. Pump part number appears to be 70000916. Hope this helps.
Glad it was an easy fix after all