Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

JLG 600A ?

EJ Horst ยท 2018-04-06 07:16

Can you help me ? Have a JLG 600A Ser.# 0300061571 having trouble with the main lift. Everything else works, fine but on occasion the main lift wont go up. I have put in a new controller and searched the cables and found no damage. The main lift works fine from the ground control. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks ej.

Replies5
  1. #1Rentalmechanic2018-04-08 01:27

    Jlg.com has service manuals in there website, also the personaliaties could have issue in the settings which can be changed by a hand held controller. The pot speed control switch make sure its turned all the way up. The settings have to be checked by a tech with capabilities to get in the system, most rental houses have the controller and a tech that knows how to use them

  2. #2EJ Horst2018-04-09 08:03

    Thanks Rentamechanic for your reply. Yes I have downloaded the manuals, and affirmative on the speed pot. Incidently , I am not an electrical engineer, but I think their electrical diagrams are awfully hard to follow. Guess my next step is to hire a service man. Thanks ej.

  3. #3B0B2018-04-10 14:48

    Been awhile since Ive worked on these but common cable damage will occur at the basket pivot point where the cable gets smashed or dragged on the ground. ANY tape on a cable is suspect of cable damage. You could also monitor voltage at the valve solenoids when stroking the basket controller.

  4. #4EJ Horst2018-04-11 10:14

    Thanks Bob. I have inspected cables front to back, find no visible damage. This machine has 5000 hrs. I wonder if anyone has experienced broken wires inside the cable, possibly where it makes a short bend. Anyway, thanks for your response, I'll try to check voltage at the solenoid.

  5. #5B0B2018-04-11 11:17

    In the powertrak wires will break. If you see knotted or twisted cable wire it is a suspect