This engine was running and then stopped. I have bleed the system to the injectors using hand pump. Air start, no electrics on it at all. Pulled a pump to see top of rack. My fuel shut off lever operates the rack. I do not see any movement when I operate the throttle lever, should I?
U can’t bleed the air out to the injectors w the hand primer...it’s mechanically impossible.. All u can do is bleed the pump fuel gallery..& then u HAVE TO loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS & spin the engine to get the air out of the lines TO THE INJECTORS and when fuel squirts out there, tighten the lines.. Have the throttle in the 1/2 to wide open position while trying to bleed.
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/3evO48_8caM Here is our Deutz 6 banger. I manually start it like thepumpguysc said at about 1/2 throttle bleeding the injectors to get it up and running.
You typically won’t see the rack move when u operate the throttle.. u SHOULD SEE IT when operating the shut off..
Thanks for that. I did bleed the fuel system TO the injectors with the hand pump. I have left the lines loose at the injectors and try to start with throttle lever at about 1/2 or better. No indication of fuel injection at all. It is as the fuel rack is in no fuel postion. I do see the rack moving when I operate the fuel shut off lever as mentioned before. Where do I go from here?
Check to make sure the overflow valve is intact and not broken.. If it is broken, fuel will come in the pump gallery and straight back to the tank.. it won’t be held in the fuel gallery for the pumping plungers to pick up..
That was it! Running like a charm now. That is something I won't forget in the future. Thanks for the consult and happy new year to you!!
Lol.. thanks my azz.. PayPal is open.. Seriously tho, glad to could help.. Happy New Year ..
I'm down here at work in Villahrmosa Mexico, come on down and I'll buy you a beer or three...
No thanks.. BUT.. if u tell me exactly where you are, I can make a phone call and a man with a package will show up and give it to you to bring to me.. just don’t open it.. lol
Got another question if you don't mind..... I have 13 Hyd power units I'm working on here. 3 are still not running (1 is for parts). I have one that the shut off rack does not move when you have a pump out and looking in from the top. Linkage problem I assume. I have some basic drawing of the governer, what might be the first point to check for this?
Probably not.. more than likely, the plunger and barrels are stuck.. holding the control rack.. Is there a side cover on the pump.? How about a cap on the front of the pump, above the drive shaft.??
912 injector pumps have a screw-in plug that is removed with an Allen key. The pump needs to be periodically filled to plug level with engine oil. Generally they're either empty or full of fuel if the engine isn't well maintained.
What inj pump is on the Hydro Power units.. I pic is worth a thousand words.!! If nothing else, add a pic of the governor break down.. I can go from that.. If u got 13 of’m, I’m gonna need a consult fee..!! I’ll help but damn dude.. u better get good QUICK..
I've got all but 1 running (thanks again for the help) + 1 for parts. Various problems as they are in use but no big deal. I'll check into the oil level and stuck plungers you mentioned.
Back in my first year of mechanicing i replaced the fly weights with cleaned up rusty ones out of the bushes in an old deutz powered poclain excavator because the oil in the pump was forgotten about when the driver from day one left.