Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diagnostic Pass Word

John C. · 2018-09-07 18:02

Does anyone have a diagnostic password for getting into the Cat M series wheel loaders? I was looking to clear logged fault codes today and the system wouldn't let me in with the usual 9992. Thanks for any help.

Replies5
  1. #1Junkyard2018-09-07 19:28

    The other two I’ve used are FFF2 and 0002.

  2. #2Mark2502018-09-07 21:14

    Hi john if no one has changed the default it is 1234

  3. #3John C.2018-09-07 23:41

    Now that's funny! What I've used used in the past 9992, last four of the serial number but it never dawned on me that it would be that simple This system uses numbers only so far as I can tell so the FFF2 wasn't an option. Do you know if somewhere in there it would allow me to clear the logged codes out of the computer? Thank you for the info!

  4. #4Mark2502018-09-08 04:43

    I think you need ET to clear codes but not 100% sure as I have only used ET to clear logged codes however the ECM will self clear after 150hrs if the code doesn't turn active in that time Mark

  5. #5John C.2018-09-08 10:53

    I'll check that out next time I'm by the machine. I checked but didn't write down how long ago the codes were set in the computer. One thing to note though was a code set for not buckling the seat belt. There were over 30 instances of that.