I'm looking at biting the bullet and buying software. I own numerous brands and equipment and work on a lot of different stuff. Who makes the best diagnostic software with all the different cables
jaltest will be the best universal software in my opinion but nothing beats oem software and depending on what your doing oem might be the only option to accomplish certain tasks, it all gets extremely expensive fast when talking software and adapters.
Jaltest is good, better than texa IMO, but it covers engines only. Be aware of that. There is no multibrand diagnostic that covers everything. Also be aware that you can do a lot of diagnosis on screens for newer models. Just need to know how to get into service modes. Coding and modifications you neeed to use OEM, or cracked copies of OEM. You need to be more precise what kind of work you want to do with these machines? If it is Liebherr for example, forget it, you can't even buy the software even if you wanted to.
We use jaltest for all makes all models of off highway equipment. It has its moments. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. We also have the cracked versions of the OEM softwares with OEM interfaces(cat, Deere, etc) It all depends how much your looking to spend. Just remember jaltest does not have trouble shooting. It's good for pulling codes and tests and derate removal. We use the OEM service manuals for troubleshooting with the jaltest.
How do you compare Jaltest to the cracked versions of the OEM one's. How well does it do?
I use Jaltest, still learning what it can and can't do. Wiring diagrams are generic at best. I think OEM would be better if you only work on a few brands. If you need to cover many brands that would be kind of costly so youmay be better off with Jaltest.
Thanks, where can you get a cracked version of OEM. I need Komatsu, Cat, John Deere, Bobcat forOHW, and john deere, Kubota, for ag
The cracked OEM softwares are a good option when working with only a few brands. You will need to purchase the OEM interface for each software and each interface is only good for that specific brand. The OEM interfaces are not cheap. Don't be fooled by the cheap Chinese clones, they are junk. My John Deere EDL 3 was roughly 3k and my cat com adapter was roughly 1k. It adds up quick.
Those prices don't include the cost of the software.
Apples to oranges. The OEM is always the best. However I can't afford to have every OEM software and interface under the sun. That's where the jaltest comes into play. Gives us a chance of diagnosing/repairing the problems on a brand we don't see alot of.
I have a YouTube channel that shows you many access procedures for access to the diagnostics menus available through the monitor panels in the machines. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9ZtvgWG-EtmGZhvtMeBMEQ/videos
I checked out your You Tube Channel. Looks very good. Will watch them in the weeks to come. Am certain to learn something on each video, is my goal. Like to see other peoples perspective on repairs or systems operations. Simon C
Thanks, for the replies. I come from OTR Trucks and only have experience with their software. I will check out youtube channel. Where can I purchase cracked software for these? I will buy OEM connections to me just makes sense and yes they get pricey
Is cracked software good for Komatsu? Will they do bidirectional testing, 95% of equipment I own or work on is "older" pre emissions some dating to 60s
On the older stuff there is no computer control or very limited, it just depends how old. Simon C
Yeah but theres 4 machines that are 2021 or newer that's why I'm asking about software
The newer Komatsu stuff has a lot of information available on their monitors, including pressures and code clearing. Schematics can help a lot but sometimes it takes software to get things done. Base your decisions on how many thousands of dollars income you miss out on per year to justify whether to buy or not. Simon C
Thats partially true on needing the genuine adapters. But you can do a lot of different programs with either Nexiq, noregon, and what i use a lot for non caterpillar is dearborn. I would prefer to use the oem where and when i can but knowing what you will be working on and where you can save the buck will make a difference when you are doing a lot of different machines. the dearborn works on cat but i prefer that cat com with ET and Perkins ET, EDL 3 for John deere is a must, kubot dst and or python for digitizer is a must, volvo you can use dearborn or nexiq but i seen it limit what you can do on newer machines. i ended up with a vocom. but insite, jcb, international, wabco, and a few others i cant think of right now. my dearborn dla 5 and 4 both work. annoying but do some research and youll see what you can get away with. if you want an everything ready to go set up. im sure someone will build and put it together for you but you will be overpaying like crazy
Your the second person to mention nexiq works with JCB. Can you confirm the nexiq usb link 2 works with JCB service master. And if it does how do you add it into the adapter selection menu? My JCB only list the JCB interface as an option. Already have the link 2 for all my truck software.
I understand but I should be able to get needed software and different adapter cables for my nexiq. Who do y'all recommend of best wiring diagrams, on the OTR trucks most manufactures have decent wiring in their service software
If I get a chance tomorrow to. I’ll check to see how to add. All of my adapters once installed in the lap top have pretty much auto populated through all softwares when I go to select interface. Only one is having an issue with is Hyundai if anyone has any input on that. If you could be plugged into a jcb while you check available adapters and see if it doesn’t show up. If it’s set for your truck software I don’t see why it is showing on the jcb software
Who did you get you cat com3 through
Get oem. New if you want. But people sell used ones all the time. Just make sure it’s not some Chinese clone
I would second that advice. If you check online (eBay et al) there are always people selling used Cat Comms Adapters. Usually you can tell a genuine one because the photos will always include the kosher Cat carrying case as well. Not a perfect guarantee though because some of the clones also now include photos of a case, but it's usually a different style. You have to learn to recognize the differences. Some of the lookalikes from China and India will state "used" when they are not. That's another red flag. From what I can see even some of the ones offered for sale with the item location given as "United States" are clones - so be careful.
I got mine through ebay. Cat didn't want to sell one to me. I got a brand new one from a guy in British Columbia in the cat box with the plastic and everything on it. I suspect it "fell off a truck" but I didn't ask questions.