Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

diagnostic software questions

Mike L ยท 2013-11-22 10:50

The boss has told me to start shopping for software and it's brought up a few questions that maybe you guys can help me with. I'm looking to get cat et, cummins insite, and est 7.6 to cover case new Holland. I was told that cat et and case will not work on the same laptop because they share some of the same security codes and will lock up. can cummins work on the same laptop as cat or case, or do I need a seperate laptop for all 3? also what does insite cost? I thought I heard once that it was like $1000 a month subscription! that seems a bit much. so what do you guys use and do you have a good source to buy from? thanks

Replies7
  1. #1ray44062013-11-22 14:16

    I am interested too what is everyone doing for Volvo vcads for construction and john deere construction anyone got other than oem?

  2. #2SchuLace2013-11-22 23:54

    I am fairly certain that ET and the cummins software will work on the same computer

  3. #3nowing752013-11-23 15:04

    Yes et and insite will work on same laptop. You can look on ebay lots of computers already set up

  4. #4inthedirt2013-11-24 17:05

    EST software comes with INSITE included, just not the subscription. BUT... EST is dealer only!

  5. #5Mevas2013-11-26 04:33

    The cheapest way to get a working CAT-ET is buying from China including a refurbished laptop. There are providers on Alibaba selling the same stuff you would purchase from another source for double price. Some CAT dealers might sell "customer versions". It is some kind of "read-only" CAT-ET . To get the Volvo VACDS you can also try in China. But it will be very expensive. We got our MATRIS adfapter from local Volvo dealer but you need a good contact. www.mevas.eu

  6. #6MJHeavy2014-10-17 09:14

    The only real expensive part of CAT ET is the Comm adapter. The software and license are cheap by comparison. PM me if anyone needs help getting it running.

  7. #7Richardjw~2014-10-17 15:30

    anyone had success with these dongle-key emulators to bypass the security keys required to activate and use these programs?