Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

How to manage spare parts on spreadsheet

alonzo · 2013-11-21 01:57

Hi guys! A new topic. Before going too far, does this website explain how to relate the planning of components changes on a machine with its spare parts? I know that it is all about the PMP of a machine (supplied by a dealer), but once acquired that PMP, I would like to link it with my spare parts management i.e. build a spreadsheet that will allow me to forecast and take out spare part from the store, order on time, taking on account the critical spares… Maybe this is not the appropriate place, that’s why I am asking if you deal with that kind of topic, or provide me with a link that explains it. It’s a kind of spare part management, a “light” CMS. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1John C.2013-11-21 21:31

    Most companies in this country I believe buy commercial software that is usually part of an accounting program. I've always used data bases for any inventory. It's more complicated but you can put in things like stocking level alerts, utilization and tracking. I usually built records for each machine and split off the parts from that point into a related table.

  2. #2alonzo2013-11-26 01:21

    Ok John, Thanks for that. It's actually complicated, but if I only focus on G.E.T, I can create that database. Which elements can I consider (and link them to each other in order to build its structure (maybe hours remaining before replacement + stocking level alert, etc…)?