Going to look at an early 90's, (I think), JD 290D excavator. Did Hitachi build these for JD back then? Any known problems with this specific model of excavator? Of course, we will be checking everywhere for slack/ pin wear/etc. Seller says machine has about 6500 original hours on it. Thanks, Jeff
I'm fairly certain the 290D is the same as a Hitachi EX100 except the Deere machine has a Deere engine.
Thanks, that was my gut feeling, just was not sure.
6500 hours on a 20 year old machine is only 325 hours a year, that is only around one hour a day. Be very skeptical of the hours on it. If the hours are true it is a good find. George
Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that Deere only ever made the 690 and the 890. All the other full size machines were made by Hitachi.
You are correct on this ….. I owned one before the 312 Cat …… EVERY part ordered from the JD dealer came complete with the attached Hitachi Sticker ….