Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

2001 linkbelt 210lx shut down in mid swing and now won’t restart

royzane ยท 2015-03-18 12:41

I need help! I have an 01' lx210, it shut down abruptly in mis swing and is stuck in a feedlot pin. I put new fuel filters and bled out the fuel lines, checked all fuses and the like, and believe now that my problem ids in the injecter pump somewhere. there is no fuel at all getting to the injectors, I think it may be the fuel shut off solenoid or a plugged up screen in the pump somewhere. my problem is that I don't know where the fuel shut off sound is , nor do i know where that screen is... can any one help?

Replies12
  1. #1jcb jeff2015-03-18 15:26

    Hi I believe this may be the same as a JCB / CASE machine with a Isuzu in it if so where the fuel feed pipe comes into the bottom of the fuel lift pump on the side of the injection pump if you undo the banjo bolt on the underside you will find a screw in plastic gauze filter. Does this machine have a throttle motor in the hyd pump compartment if so this has a throttle motor and stop set up you might have a tight cable or out of adjustment .Try to see if you turn on the ign does the arm move on the injection pump via the cable if not could be electrical ? Also try disconnecting the cable and manually move the arm from the lower position on the injection pump to see if its pump or throttle control .Like i say i belive its the same as the case machines

  2. #2royzane2015-03-18 20:37

    Thanks jcb Jeff, I'll try what you've said. Yes, there is a throttle motor in the hyd. Comp so I'll try what you said to do there too! Do you know what code reader should connect to my machine?

  3. #3Deere tech2015-03-18 23:09

    Sometimes the older Isuzu engines had a shutdown solenoid on them. The solenoid was remote located and had a cable on it that went to the injection pump. That cable would be separate from the throttle motor cable. The engine either will shut off with the throttle motor or the shut off solenoid (if it has a solenoid). Either way you might be able to get the machine running and to a good spot to work on it by disconnecting the cables at the pump and operating the levers by hand.

  4. #4jcb jeff2015-03-19 15:20

    Not sure if the case or jcb software will talk to it that might be dealer only not sure as we dont have link belt over here. The jcb and case used to have way through the monitor in the cab to calibrate throttle control . Another possible fault could be the engine speed sensor on flywheel housing or a alternator fault as all these have inputs into the computer for throttle control ,i would check the cable for throttle or the stop solenoid depending the age some just use the throttle motor to do both operations but the cables used to seize up causing troubles ,if you take the cables off pump see if it starts as this will guide you closer to the problem also check the fuse for the ecu or controller in the fuse box blown could also set machine into redundancy behind the seat and see if that does any thing.

  5. #5RonG2015-03-19 15:30

    Maybe I did not read your post thoroughly but could you just be low/out of fuel and the sloshing of the fuel during the swing starved the fuel pickup.I would also check the strainer by removing the banjo bolt as suggested even though you primed it it may not allow enough fuel to pass to run normally.Ron G

  6. #6royzane2015-03-24 18:12

    Thanks to all for the advice... still looking for answers... Well I have good news and bad news.. the good news is that the problem is probably not my injector pump, the bad news is that there is no power going the pump! Does anyone know where i can get a serve manual which includes detailed wiring diagrams relating with the fuel system and starting the machine? the problem is in between the key switch and the injector pump, with out a diagram I will have to try to trace wires in countless directions, if i can get the right diagram then i can narrow my search! Thanks again to everyone for trying to help....

  7. #7royzane2015-03-24 18:21

    by the way, my injector pump is computer controlled, (newer style) there is only one cable going into it and that cable is the throttle control... its either all the way on or all the way off... when i hit "engine stop" on the control panel, the cable actuates open and closed... Im supposed to have 24 volts going in to the injector pump in 2 places, one wire should be hot as soon as i turn the key on, the other wire should only be hot when i crank on the starter.... I have no power either way... thats how i know the problem is most likely electrical... I appreciate all the advice from everyone, that it could be this on the flywheel or that on the alternator, there even may be a water temp sensor involved some how... there are just so many directions to go, useable link, relay, resistor etc... a diagram would really help me out bunches...

  8. #8royzane2015-03-24 18:24

    i have bee unable to find a filter under one of the banjo bolts... I'm not sure where I'm looking, but the ones i have removed are filterless.... by underside , do you mean the underside of the pump... like out of site unless you go in from the bottom of the machine?

  9. #9RonG2015-03-25 04:38

    It should be on the supply line that feeds the injector pump between the fuel tank and the pump as I remember on everything that I ever worked on.Ron G

  10. #10jcb jeff2015-03-25 16:55

    Royzane can you post a picture of the injection pump also had problems on jcb with the wiring loom that goes under chassis to the engine being damaged from under side check belly plates for damage .not totally famalier with the link belt conversion over to the case/jcb model but i believe to be the same .does the machine work with it in back up or redundancy mode switch behind seat which bypasses computer to see if that will power up just a thought .send some picks so i can visualize link belt case comparison model.

  11. #11jcb jeff2015-03-25 16:58

    some solenoids have 3 wires 1 earth ,1 for pulling the solenoid on start and then the other for holding in and the 2 wire deactivates on release of starter key they used to have a resistor on the circuit from memory

  12. #12Dirtyman10502022-09-02 17:53

    Is there more to this thread? I was looking for the resolve.