Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did some clearing

coopers ยท 2006-07-21 15:29

Here are a few pics of a small area of land I cleared for my friend. I used a 161-3 excavator. Did it in about 8.5 hrs. http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bswallow25/album?.dir=/798bscd Blake WA

Replies2
  1. #1Ford LT-90002006-07-21 19:15

    First time I have seen one with a open ROPs most of the 161 have a full cab on them. It looks like you prolly wouldn't want a machine any smaller for that job or you probably would have still been working on it. Gotta love nice easy jobs it looks good I assume the home owners wanted to plant grass.

  2. #2coopers2006-07-21 19:32

    You got it, grass! Maybe a pond later....lol Yeah I guess it's pretty mild weather wise that a lot of rental companies don't mind getting open ROPS. It does get hot and cold here and wet but not to the extremes as other states. Yeah, I was originally going to use a 120 but he did a lot of manual clearing and so I figured 161 would do it. 121 would have taken forever! :yup Blake WA