Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Did you have to pay a document fee when you bought your New Holland?

P7M8 ยท 2004-11-10 17:14

The dealer charged me $232 in "Document" fees when I bought my LS180 with New Holland Credit Financing. I was wondering if any of you have had the same experience.

Replies3
  1. #1DKinWA2004-11-10 20:50

    Document fees?! I think I'd send them a bill for $232 for having to wait while they did the paperwork. I'd tell them you had to start charging for your time since time is money and the cost of living keeps going up

  2. #2lamarbur2004-11-10 21:00

    Yes, and it is because you financed the machine.. Most of this 232 is U.C.C. filing.. I jsut bought a L 48 TLB, which is finances.. The doc fee is listed as 181.00 to the state of CT alone.. So, it may seem unusual, perhaps illegal, and certainly unwanted, but they aren't able to work around the U.C.C. filing.. And, as usual, each state and county within a state, has their own breakdown and way of charging this,,

  3. #3MrBobcat2004-12-19 17:43

    Every machine is sell that is fin. w/Bobcat has that fee . Not a thing i can do about it . Gets really frustrating at times . Hard to tell a guy hes getting 0% APR but has to pay the fee....