Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Since all keys are the same, has anyone installed a kill switch?

P7M8 ยท 2004-11-12 10:17

I am going to put one in my LS180. What have you guys done to prevent theft?

Replies4
  1. #1cat3202004-11-12 18:42

    Battery kill switch is what i would do.There is one that cole makes that you can pad lock also one by flaming river.

  2. #2Bob Horrell2004-11-12 23:15

    I had mine re-keyed ($40) and installed a kill switch that goes to the fuel shutoff solenoid (<$20).

  3. #3Dwan Hall2004-11-13 00:02

    My older Bobcat came with a kill switch behind the back door which is lockable with a padalock. other then that If anyone wants them they are insured and I would be the one that would make out.

  4. #4MrBobcat2004-12-19 17:45

    You can also get a "club" type device for SSL's , goes between your levers and the cage . Like most things tho , its only going to keep the honest people out. If someone wants it bad enuff , they will get it.