Thanks for your help. I’m working with a Nissan/Zenith four-cylinder 4-stroke gas motor with fuel injection. ENGINE FAMILY - 6ZPPB01.5NG1 ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 1.5L year-2006 The motor runs for a minute or two, and then dies. I’ve checked the fuel and the pump is working with the key on I disconnected The fuel line started the motor and sprayed brake cleaner in the air intake to see if it would keep running, and it would die. When the motor dies it like turning the key off. I was thinking it may be the fuel injector, but it doesn’t seem to struggle for fuel. It just shuts off. I’d appreciate any help you guys could give me thank you.
Perhaps it's being commanded to shutoff. Perhaps low coolant or oil.
Could be a weak relay somewhere is shutting off your power? maybe hook an indicator light up wherever you can figure out the ignition supply closest to the coil, and see if that stays running when it dies. probably pretty tough with an ECU but that's the best I've got. Maybe see if it runs longer when it's cold, then shorter if it's hot? tap around to see if you can locate a weak connection?
Thank you that’s a great idea. I will do what you suggested I’ve changed the oil. It has plenty of oil, the coolant level is full. Maybe there’s a possible sensor on those that are bad not sure but it out. Definitely something is telling the engine to stop firing (no-spark) it’s just as if you turn the key off when it dies
Is it duel fuel? I've had the LPG mixer do that same thing on a few machines before, diaphragm closes cutting off air flow.
Thanks for your reply it is not dual fuel. It’s gas only I’m looking possibly at the ECU any information where to get one or have it repaired or even checked out
Are you able to hook up a scan tool and read sensor values? Any codes present? instead of brake clean.