Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel additive question

ps66x4 · 2023-01-07 10:51

I got some of this additive. Did a search and nothing comes up. Does someone have experience with this product good or bad?

Replies7
  1. #1Bluox2023-01-07 16:49

    If you follow the instructions, likely won't hurt anything. As far as fixing a problem is concerned probably won't. Bad Bob

  2. #2Coaldust2023-01-07 19:12

    I think that’s a long discontinued product. I haven’t seen it in years, and I worked for a Gumout distributor. I might be concerned about using it in anything with exhaust after-treatment.

  3. #3Truck Shop2023-01-08 21:51

    Some how I bet it's the same as this 51006 snake oil below that is sold on amyzon. Hard to find good snake oil these days.

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-01-08 21:51

    Some how I bet it's the same as this 51006 snake oil below that is sold on amyzon. View attachment 277151 View attachment 277151 Nothing like a good double post.

  5. #5Coaldust2023-01-09 21:08

    The additive market drastically changed during the 2008-2011 time frame. Between 15ppm S, the introduction of SCR and the Clean Air Act amendments.

  6. #6ps66x42023-01-11 16:06

    The newest diesel I have is a 2004 powerstroke, I have a Cat 215, Case 750, and Kumatsu d41a. I might skip using it on the pickup.

  7. #7ps66x42023-01-11 16:08

    I also think it is or at least something close.