Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel Generator Forum and genset info needed

profrooky ยท 2015-02-02 12:14

Hi: Just wondering if the admistrator/s for this site would considering starting a Forum dedicated to Diesel Generators? I had a quick look around the web and couldn't find one and thought this would be as good a place as any for one. I'm looking for info on a couple older units we have here. Wiring diagrams, operation manual etc. They are: ONAN 125 kVA Genset with Allis 670T and Burlec generator- Model 100.OUR-9X246F ONAN 50 kw genset with Cummins 4BT- Model 50 DCGA Dorman 4LBTIII Thanks, Scott

Replies17
  1. #1Birken Vogt2015-02-05 20:55

    Smokstak.com has some pretty good hobbyists. I fix generators for a living, but there are not very many of us. I doubt a generator sub forum would get enough traffic to make it worthwhile.

  2. #2pajibson2015-02-05 22:10

    I'd watch a Genset Forum but I work on them too from time to time. profrooky- I have a bunch of stuff for the cummins 4bt's but most of the folks on here probably do too. If your only working on 1 or 2 of them sign up for a quickserve account through cummins and you can down load the factory service stuff. As far as the generators them selves I'll see what I can dig up.

  3. #3profrooky2015-02-05 22:50

    Hi Birken: I had a quick look on that site and didn't see what I was looking for but I'll check again. I actually assumed there would be a forum existing already since there's lot's of diesel gensets out there, wait and see I guess.

  4. #4profrooky2015-02-05 22:55

    Hi pa: I have an account with quickserve but I'm looking for the panel wiring diagram. I'll check though to see what I can find. Anything you could pass on would be much appreciated. I used to work on a few gensets as a Heavy Equipment Tech but started teaching a few years ago and now teach in an EPG program. Thanks, Scott

  5. #5lantraxco2015-02-06 00:29

    Have you tried www.cumminsonan.com ??

  6. #6GregD12015-02-06 22:41

    If you know anybody interested in relocating to Arizona and has generator experience I can put them to work ASAP. Send me an IM if you know anybody. Thanks.

  7. #7profrooky2015-02-07 22:24

    Ok GregD1 I will keep that in mind.

  8. #8profrooky2015-02-22 20:48

    I managed to track down a source for the ONAN manual in India, going to get it. Still looking for the info on the other two units. Surprised there's no interest in a Genset forum.

  9. #9Birken Vogt2015-02-22 22:34

    Maybe it would be worthwhile. We should ask Steve and see if it gets any traffic.

  10. #10pajibson2015-02-22 22:35

    Profrooky, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. I checked all the stuff I have at work and I didn't have anything for any of those models. Glad you managed to find something.

  11. #11profrooky2015-02-23 20:00

    Hey paj: No worries. Birk: Steve is the administrator?

  12. #12Birken Vogt2015-02-23 22:17
  13. #13Steve Frazier2015-02-26 19:14

    Done!

  14. #14profrooky2015-02-26 20:32

    AWESOME, hope it takes off. Thanks Steve!

  15. #15lantraxco2015-02-26 20:53

    I'm sure some of us will get a charge out of it, unless it fails to generate any interest.

  16. #16profrooky2015-02-26 21:06

    NYUK NYUK NYUK Wiseguy eh! Oh ya......this should AMP things up! lol

  17. #17lantraxco2015-02-26 21:12

    Well, we could alternate, but I'm not wired that way Armature likin' the power.... Shocking!