So I put diesel in the hydraulic tank about a gallon realized it right away never started the motor. my plan is to drain the hydraulic fluid tank, flush it, refill with Hydraulic fluid but I wondered if there’s any thing you guys might recommend to prevent damage? is it possible that any of the diesel got into the suction hose? any advice is appreciated,..what can use to clean tank ?, how to clean? Other preventative measures? Change filter?
Only a gallon, some people would run it... Do a test, put some hydraulic fluid in a jar, pour diesel on top and see how they mix. I'm thinking you might just as well vacuum the diesel off the top and a few gallons of oil also. If the suction is off the side, I wouldn't worry about it. The "suck bucket" is what you want for vacuuming the diesel off.
So after making the suck bucket just hook a shop vac to the open hole?
See here - HeavyEquipmentForums