I have a job I bid that I am waiting an answer on if I got it or not. The job is inside 5 story building I will be working in the basement I have to break concrete, dig pits and install piles. I figured the job using an electric mini-x but am wondering if I can use a diesel mini-x with scrubber? If anybody has experience with a diesel scrubber please let me know.
28 view no ideas?
I have read the specs on both Komatsu and Bobcat super cats. Both very low. What type of insulation, floorbox, floor and ceiling are above the basement? Probably with a scrubber, smoke ejector and both an air inlet AND outlet for the ejector, noone would know but you and me.
Nac, no idea on a scrubber, but what about exchanging the air? Similar to what you see bell and sewer repair people do. Big blower to blow fresh air in. Just not sure on how to get the fumes out. This will just disperse them. The other concern you have to deal with is silica found in the concrete. That would be my main concern being the person on the machine. This sounds like a PITA job. Someone is going to complain, weather it is dust, exhaust, or NOISE
The structure is concrete and stone. The building is not occupied. Just worried about me and my guys and the inspector working for me.
No problem whatsoever then. You can almost breathe right from the pipe when the cat is new.
There are diesel exhaust scrubbers available, they are used on a steady basis in underground work and mining. They are expensive. You still have some stink and smoke. I can't say that any have been adapted to a mini-ex, but wouldn't be surprised. Google them and see what you come up with, or call a couple of mining equipment distributors in your area to see what they can recommend. Whatever mini-ex dealer you use may also have some info available from the manufacturer. Good Luck!
Depending on what type of work you're doing, what about using exhaust hose attached to the muffler, and run it right outdoors? I'm thinking you aren't going to be doing a pile of back and forth travel while grading for example though.