Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Diesel tank drain on a 644 A JD LOADER

lenray ยท 2016-05-21 21:27

I HAVE THIS OLDER LOADER a John Deere 644 A and I can't find the drain on the fuel tank----any info. out there??????????????

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-05-21 21:42

    Depending on serial number it will have either a 3/4" pipe plug, or a 3/4" bushing and a drain valve... somewhere under there. Is there a small plate on the belly guard with a couple bolts holding it? Can't remember it's been near thirty years.

  2. #2lenray2016-05-23 09:27

    UNDER THAT PLATE WITH THE TWO BOLTS IS THE DRAIN FOR THE OIL PAN.....sorry caps---just can't find the drain for the fuel tank yet. Thanks for the suggestion..

  3. #3lantraxco2016-05-23 13:22

    Might have to pull the belly plate off? You wouldn't think so but it is Deere after all, LOL. Love/hate thing you know?

  4. #4JTWAT2016-05-29 19:21

    I had a 544A. The tank drain plugs were on the bottom of the forward facing side of the tank. Small pipe plug on each corner.

  5. #5lenray2016-06-16 21:50

    JTWAT----Thanks for the info. will try to find them there...............................