Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Difference in 750C and 750C series 2

Troy Lee · 2020-01-04 00:49

I Recently purchased a 1996 750C (serial # T0750CX815491) with 4,136 hrs. Was told it had series 2 updates but I’m unaware exactly what the series 2 updates are. Could someone fill me in? Also I’m getting a F629 code and it’s doing some miss tracking. Was told this could just need re-calibrated. Any insight on that issue as well? Thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1mg23612020-01-04 06:36

    Welcome to HEF Troy ! Thanks for posting the serial number. To answer you question on the difference between 1 and 2, mostly cosmetic like park lock lever placement, grips on the levers, etc and software changes. Engines are different as well I believe. Your code is for the left motor speed sensor. Yes you could try a calibration. That is the first thing I usually do. If you don't have it you will need the Operation and Test manual TM1588 for the procedure.

  2. #2Troy Lee2020-01-04 10:30

    Thanks for the reply mg2361. Yes, I have a stack of books that came with it when it was delivered. I will look through and find the calibration procedure. I guess my biggest question at the moment would be, what would it cost to do the series 2 updates? Mainly would like to have the ground travel speed buttons on the FNR handle instead of having a lever to the left of the handle that you slide back and forth to adjust your ground speed. I have a 2000 650H dozer and I love the way the controls are for the travel and the blade. I’m completely fine with doing the work myself as I’m a mechanic, I just don’t know if it’s possible to switch it over to a handle with the speed settings on it. Thanks!!

  3. #3Troy Lee2020-01-04 20:00

    Are there any 750C series 2 owners on here? If so would you mind to take some pictures of the inside of your cab of the controls and gauges so I can compare them to my 750C? I’m trying to get everything in order to convert over to the series 2 controls. Thanks all, and any input at all on doing this conversion would be appreciated more than you know. I started my own excavation business 2 years ago and I’m growing and expanding my fleet. Trying to keep my machines simple and easy to operate for maximum efficiency!!

  4. #4mg23612020-01-05 05:01

    Unfortunately it can't be done. Deere offers no kit/instruction or even a detailed description of the differences.

  5. #5Troy Lee2020-01-05 12:03

    Hmmm, well I can be stubborn sometimes and since you say it can’t be done it challenges me.. lol.. I’m going to tear into it and see what I can find out. I know my series 1 750C has what appears to be a potentiometer that adjust the speed settings as you slide a handle back and forth. I’m going to take my 650H apart and see how the handle functions on it and see if I can make something work. I’m sure a guy could probably eventually make something work. Thanks for your input!