Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Differences between the series 4 and series 5 champions?

Silveroddo ยท 2022-10-01 21:08

This is kind of a long shot but there seems to be a few guys on here that have been around the old champions over the years. I've got a series 4 720a, I see a series 5 for sale thats just a little newer and mildly has my interest. Anyone know what they changed, if anything? This is me being lazy and trying to avoid spending hours on google.

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-10-02 22:25

    Probably nothing real major. I believe there are brochures for the series IV and series V online that may help you. Not sure when they went to a single transmission controller or programmable shifter. I can't find a brochure for a series II or even a series III. A series II owners manual seems impossible to find. I got a series III owners manual from Jade Equipment. Thankfully it's close and makes mention of earlier models as it relates to the brakes. I like that my machine calls for Dot 3 brake fluid.