I have this 570A that was working fine, starts fine runs OK for 10 mins then slowly loose power until it starves itself out of fuel and quits, even trying to idle it stalls. 10 mins later starts right up, stalls 10 min after that. I've removed fuel, cleaned out fuel tank with shop vac. Blown out fuel delivery lines. Replaced fuel transfer pump and 2-stage glass filter. Set a 5 gal can of new diesel (normally run red dye AG) with flex hose connected to inlet of fuel transfer pump on engine cover, identical problem- after 10 to 15 mins seems to starve from lack of fuel. (no real black smoke indicated at all at exhaust) When blowing lines, removed inlet screen on injection pump and cleaned, no help. Wondering before I tear into the injection pump if there is some basic tests I can perform on injection pump before removing and dissembling? It's the later S/N which uses the Stanadyne pump Due to the pricey nature of these things I'm hoping someone on this forum might have more knowledge in this area as I do, which is slim.
Check for junk inside banjo fitting. Had the same problem with a Case excavator. If anyone knows where to source that banjo fitting, I need one
Change the fuel filter and fill n bleed with the lift pump. This will prove screen in bottom fitting at fuel tank is clear. Then ensure you have fuel when cranking at the injection pump.
Sorry Mr Tried-it, I did not read your post very good.
An air leak in the fuel system will cause the same symptoms. When you prime it is there air bubbles coming out the bleed ports?
Remove the checkball fitting from the top of the pump(return).. And run it to see if that solved the problem.. U can blow the fitting out w air compressor.. but my experience tells me it’ll just get clogged again.. I’m thinking the “flex ring” has deteriorated and is breaking up and plugging the checkball..
Thepumpguy has said before it will look like mouse turds or coffee grounds if the flex ring is coming apart. Run till it stalls, remove fitting so you're looking into the body of the pump, start it, if it runs it will make a mess, put fitting back to confirm it still stalls with the fitting. send him your pump for best results, ask if you need help taking it off.