Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Differences in case loaders

Thomas Brooks ยท 2025-09-28 20:01

Hello guys, I am looking at an older loader for a snow loader. Have multiple newer machines but looking to add a pre- emission loader to replace my old cat it-18f. I was looking at deere 544h loaders, mid size case loaders and basically anything that's a deal, clean and well maintained. Brand isn't a huge deal to me as there isn't much in my area but we primarily have case/new holland, cat and deere. I have found a few case loaders I like. 721, 621b, 621c and 721d. What are the main differences in the straight 721, b and c series? Thank you guys! Currently have a couple d series case so I know what those are but not sure on the differences of the earlier models.

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-09-28 22:18

    The main difference between the "A,B, and C series loaders are the electronics. Parts for the early 621 and 721 loaders are hard to find parts for some items. The B series have better brake system and smoother shifting. The C series upgrades the trans by adding the auto shift for road travel and brakes were upgraded again with different axles.

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2025-09-29 07:45

    There are some differences in the hydraulic system. The main thing on the C series is they went from a gear pump to a vain style pump.

  3. #3Thomas Brooks2025-09-29 14:56

    Thank you very much for the info. So what year range could a straight 721 be and a 721b be? Thank you

  4. #4Coy Lancaster2025-09-29 15:02

    The 721 was made from 1989-1992 and the B series were made from 1993-1998