Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Different strokes.

Scrub Puller ยท 2012-12-17 20:49

Yair . . . I don't usualy comment on stuff that I know nothing about but reading these pages it seems to often come up that various machines need to have up graded hydraulics to run some specialised equipment such as various mowers, flails and so on. I may be able to get some pictures of what (I think) is a pretty good idea for some applications. A farmer up on the Tablelands has fitted an older Case tractor (about 150 hp) with a seven foot flail mower mounted in place of the bucket on his loader frame. . . it is driven by a PTO driven power-pac comprising pump, tank and cooler that mounts to the three point linkage like any other implement. Apparently it takes just a few minutes to drop the bucket and fit the unit to the quick hitch. By all accounts the pump unit on the back is very compact and well gaurded and the whole thing works a treat. I have never heard of such a thing (although it is so simple others must have done it). The power-pac would be simple enough to make and I thought the idea may have been of interest to others. Cheers.

Replies2
  1. #1mitch5042012-12-17 21:44

    You said it well my friend, That does seem like a great idea.

  2. #2Jim D2012-12-17 22:30

    That is a good idea. I know of someone who fitted some skid-steer attachments (stump grinder, chain type trencher, and an impact fence stake driver) to a ag tractor by the same means. He wanted the attachments but wasn't willing to drive a skid-steer across the range. The easy thing is that there are available slip-on adapters to fit on to a SAE pump shaft splines, with ag PTO shaft splines on the outside.