Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dig/Clean up bucket

BulldozerRay ยท 2010-07-05 18:54

Finally have a machine coming... it's a 06 JD 410G with ex hoe and 4in1 loader bucket( I'll post pics soon) It's got a 36" Wain Roy XLS digging bucket with a cutting edge welded to the teeth. I figure they do this to make it a clean up bucket. It seems like that would be a little strange to use compared to a tradition clean up bucket, like I've used on excavators. I plan on buying a good used 18" WR XLS digging bucket to use as my primary digger. It's very rocky with hard packed clay in my area. Any ideas or comments?

Replies2
  1. #1Deere John2010-07-06 05:48

    North Bay isn't much different ground - the digging is hard enough. An 18" would let you open up the worst ground, and then the 36" would let that 410 bail and backfill pretty quick. Sounds reasonable. Get a HD model bucket though - that machine will pull a standard bucket apart pretty quickly.

  2. #2BulldozerRay2010-07-06 20:28

    Thanks...