Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

digging bucket smooth blade

n175h ยท 2010-07-31 17:46

I couldn't find a smooth blade for my digging bucket, so I just made one and bolted it on to the teeth. 3 minutes on and 3 minutes off when needed. I used it last week to find a sewer line in my yard. I hit the line, dented it but didn't bust it open because of the smooth end. 4 weeks ago I used the regular bucket with teeth to spot a water line. The tooth touched it an kablooy, I took a bath. This little attachment works well. Now I can scrape my drainage ditches. David

Replies6
  1. #1Anto Modded2010-07-31 18:17

    Nice job, we done a similar job on the 6foot grading bucket on the 130 track machine. I loved the teeth for landscaping work, left the top easier for the landscapers to rake. We used changeable teeth in the bucket and on the old set we welded a plate so we could have either. Scraping or roads or grading driveways the blade was great. Had the best of both

  2. #2mitch5042010-08-01 00:51

    Thanks, I had been thinking about how to do this. I considered the old tooth thing but on my Cat changing one tooth is a lot more work than 4 bolts. I'll try it.

  3. #3d4c24a2010-08-01 14:21

    cutting edge all of my buckets on my case 590 have plates welded on the teeth ,the teeth are pin on and it only takes a matter of minuites to change if needed nearly all of my work is trenching in the road ,with many services to cross cheers graham

  4. #4powerjoke2010-08-01 16:49

    Nice work D4....Very tidy! Pj

  5. #5JS580SL2010-08-01 17:36

    No plates for me, just gotta be little more careful I guess. The digging is to rough and rocky in most places around here to have a plate on the teeth.

  6. #6JS580SL2010-08-01 17:41

    D4 nice work by the way!