Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Dipper Stick Attachments, JD 310c Backhoe.

joeeye59 ยท 2014-03-26 12:12

Can anybody shed some light on this, but first to say I'm yet to read through some manuals and research on line for this info. But mean while I'd like to ask around if anybody knows when the 1988 JD 310c Backhoes were sold from the dealer were you able to order it from JD with the dipper stick all plumbed for a hammer/thumb? Or was this plumbing done at the dealer? or a 3rd aftermarket party? because did or does JD sell dipper stick hyd jack hammers and hyd thumbs? I'm tossing the idea around to see if I can plumb my machine, so to see if there is a hydraulic valve I can hook into and run the hydraulic plumbing line down to the bucket so to operate a thumb/hammer. I don't even know if the 2 wheel drive 310c can even accept anything like the hammer/thumb on the dipper stick? because of their weight? perhaps only the 4 wheel drive backhoes were plumbed. I either look into this, or figure out another easy way to split large rocks to make stone wall rock faces. Joe

Replies2
  1. #1Deere500a2014-03-26 14:44

    On the Case the aux kit is aftermarket installed at the dealer. Can't remember on the co's 310c the maker but the quick couplers were located at the fender now on the 310se the aux is on the dipper. It's just piping/hose up the boom to the dipper. If you have the standard stick there is extra valve for the Digmor you can pipe in to for the thumb.Good luck

  2. #2joeeye592014-03-26 14:59

    Great! thanks for the info I appreciate it. I'll post back what I find. The only thing thats going to maybe make this job come off with a little snag is I got the machine with the dipper converted to fit the Wain-Roy quick disconnect bucket. So if I happen to find parts for this it might be set up for the way the dipper comes from JD. bit I guess its no big deal, I might end up doing a lot of retrofitting anyway? I'm just thinking out loud...