Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford/New Holland button on backhoe lever?

csthompson12 ยท 2014-03-25 23:33

I was looking at a 96' 555e at my dealer for sale. This is a 2wd with standard hoe. There is a button on one of the backhoe control levers. I can't seem to figure out what it is for?

Replies10
  1. #1jimg9842014-03-25 23:40

    must saw it on the front loader lever,,, its to stop movement of backhoe when dumping load from front bucket,,, probably another one on the floorboard

  2. #2Ronsii2014-03-26 01:16

    Yes, probably like Jimg says... it's a transmission disconnect button so you can get more power to the lifting without it going to the drivetrain, a lot of loader's will have them on the loader controls.

  3. #3csthompson122014-03-26 07:34

    I did see the button on the loader lever that disconnects the trans. The one I was trying to figure out is the button on one of the backhoe levers. It has the two stick controls. It is definitely a factory setup too.

  4. #4csthompson122014-03-26 07:38
  5. #5csthompson122014-03-26 07:40

    In the picture above you can see the button thats built into the left jostick.

  6. #6Ronsii2014-03-26 13:55

    Hmmm... hadn't seen one like that before... are there auxiliary hydraulics on it? maybe for a packer???

  7. #71466IH2014-03-26 14:24

    Is it maybe a return to center or dig Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

  8. #8The Peej2014-03-26 14:30

    Horn?

  9. #9lantraxco2014-03-26 14:32

    Ejector seat.

  10. #10sheepfoot2014-03-26 20:23

    On the left hand control for the backhoe the switch is the horn.