Sadly I don't have any action shots as I didn't have my camera with me at the time, but I went back and got this one after work. We had a D10N (pushcat) and a D10R (carrydozer) down in the bottom ripping rock on one side. Then I showed up with my 385 (on the left with the goose head on the back) and my three 769 (40ton) rock trucks and started working the left side. Then I look over and the 850 is coming with his three trucks! That pond is only about 200x200 yards/meters on the bottom. Let me tell you, a pile of dirt got moved in a hurry and boy was it ever busy down there.
sweet deal man nice shovels i got a resume in at kidco id love to work there.
Be pretty sweet if you did end up getting hired. You can join me on my "pirate weekends" I tried to get a guy from England hired on with Kidco (crowbar actually). They were all for it, then sidestepped and said something about "oh well im not sure about the paper work". Then I showed them the stuff they needed and they were all for it again. Then they sidestepped again saying they werent sure if they would be able because they always managed to hire "locally". I've seen the "locally" hired guys and they SUCK. It's funny they always have such a hard time getting good guys let alone guys that stick around but they never make the effort when they have someone handed to them. After they jerked him around a bit I called KLS for him and they said they'd taking him after about 30 seconds of watching him on a machine. He went to 3 other try outs and every single company said they would take him and do the paperwork no problem. He got his visa last week and is just waiting for his plane ticket now. For example the guy on the 850. We both had three trucks hauling to the same fill. We were about 60 feet apart from each other so the haul distance was the exact same. I was sitting in my machine ******* *** half the time waiting for trucks and he had 1-2 trucks waiting for him the whole time. I started stealing one of his trucks every time I had a break. Good guy, and he's alright at cutting flat but boy is he slow.
Vantage.... where did you get the flag? I have been looking for one for ages now. I tell ya Edmonton may be better than cowtown... but I can't find any flags :beatsme As for good operators.... find me an 850 and I'll come load trucks with ya. That 850 there is one sexy lookin hoe.
I haven't run it yet but for being a year old it's not in the greatest shape. It makes me sad how quickly our iron seems to degrade. Hell I should post pictures of my counterweight. First 2 weeks they had it one of the "foreman" scratched it all to hell. And I'm not talking about just the bottom. Then when I went and did pipe over the winter some "meat in the seat" managed to not only add another scratch way up high but dented the rad cover on the side =/ That's been bent back out since I've gotten it back man mannnnnnnnn. The flag is a big. Large. But its a nice effect I think. Really catches peoples eye. If you want I can see if I can find one here and mail it to you?
well tell them that thiers a guy named patrick allen and hes got a resume in online and im willing to move right now or do camp work ive been trying to get out in that area for two years i just joined the ftq union in quebec and im ready all i need is a job hahaha
To be honest right now is a bad time of year to try to get hired on, but what do you run? Are you already qualified to work in Canada (paperwork etc).
Yeah if you could find one I would drive down to cowtown on a weekend and pick the flag up. Would even be interested in goin for a little machinery tour while im there. Might hit up National 4wd as well:drinkup Might look a little weird flying on a Hitachi... but I think it will have a good enough effect.
yeah i run large dozers and excuvators and large excuvators are like 400s around here. and yeah im all set to work got all my paperwork done last months. i have my canadian citizenship and my union cards. all i need is a job im looking for camp work like 40 days on and then a few weeks on but i will also take anything that pases right now.
Check out ebay, you can get them for next to nothing. http://cgi.ebay.com/3X5-PIRATE-FLAG...oryZ4042QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem What the stoy behind the flag?
I must be blind.... what flag?:beatsme
Burnout are you working monday? I'll be coming back from a hunting trip in North Battleford. If you let me hump any machine over 70 tons (or at least climb all over it a couple times) I suppose I could come home via *shudder* Edmonton. I'll stop by my job site before I leave tomorrow morning and grab my flag, I'll just get a new one when I get back. Shoot me a pm and I'll buy you some steak or something monday (we all know Edmonton operators work for peanuts). Jim the flag flies from the metal post on the back of the 385 that the goose head is currently sitting on. My second post has a link to a picture of the flag flying, and the link in this post explains whats going on =)
Ahhh I see now... that's awesome, I like the concept too... might have to look into it too...
i dont know if ross'co will like it try this one :usa
That's why I picked saturdays. Most places only work 8 hours and its a bit of a more relaxed atmosphere. I don't think anyone would get their panties in a bunch if you started flying a small one off the back of your cab on the weekends. An extra large one like mine may raise some eyebrows but the super already drove by the second weekend I started doing it and he gave me a grin and a thumbs up so now none of the foremen can say anything
LOL, Good point. Nothing wrong with the stars and stripes:usa