Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Disc Mulcher

willidav · 2025-05-27 17:27

How can I balance a TMF Tech LS2150 disc mulcher? I have tried a number of local places and most will not, the local FAE dealer said they have such trouble with FAE the will not do any others and charge hourly for FAE $$$$.

Replies4
  1. #1Hallback2025-06-10 21:53

    Take it off and build a hub to mount it to a tire balancer and roll it around

  2. #2Alusium2025-06-10 22:48

    If you can mount it to something where you can spin it freely… give it a spin… add weight to the top(welding a washer on, etc.). When it stops in a different place every time it’s balanced.

  3. #3Plebeian2025-06-10 22:54

    Estonians balancing a drum rotor mulcher. Hopefully their arty has this precision too.

  4. #4Tones2025-06-10 23:18

    A disc mulcher will only require harmonic balancing, not dynamic balancing like the video. I reckon if you put a new set of teeth on it then take the plate and teeth to a truck tyre balancer you'd have some success. Also pick the best of the old teeth and fit them as needed to get the balance correct