Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Discovery Channel accepts Demolition Video

EarthRockHill ยท 2009-09-16 09:49

When Mike Rowe's Dirty Jobs posted a video on YouTube looking for new jobs to be considered for the show, I jumped at the opportunity. While he already did a 'demolition worker' early in his series I feel there are so many other Dirty Jobs in demolition than doing an interior demo of tearing out a concrete block wall with a sledge hammer. Here are a few 'suggestions' of much dirtier jobs to consider for his show. Personally I would like to see him man a hose during a building demolition or spend the day sorting copper and brass in a debris field. YouTube - Dirty Jobs Demolition Contractor Promo Reel

Replies12
  1. #1tippatone2009-09-16 13:57

    That was a great video!!! I could see Mike easily doing a Dirty Jobs episode about that company.

  2. #2Seaside LPS2009-09-21 19:03

    Didn't see many people in that video who were dirty, even the copper collection guy was clean most of the jobs you showed were by people sitting in air conditioned machines that isn't really a back breaking or dirty job which the show is centered around. just my $0.02

  3. #3Digger Dan2009-09-21 20:05

    Well even the dirty guys dress up for television you know

  4. #4mikef872009-09-26 20:16

    Show them working on the Link belt crane or another gem equipment and that'll get them dirty.

  5. #5qball2009-09-27 19:35

    awesome! will you film my rants for me?

  6. #6EarthRockHill2009-10-05 08:37

    QBall Rants Mr. qball....... I am a huge fan and subscriber to your channel on you tube. I think a EarthRockHill qball rant would be awesome... We should plan something in the future.

  7. #7EarthRockHill2009-10-05 08:39

    I took your advice and uploaded the Wrecking Ball Cable Change video on the Link Belt.......they accepted that too!

  8. #8EarthRockHill2009-10-05 08:48

    Ideally I would like to see Mike manning a hose for dust control along side a excavator during a building demolition. The guys that handle the hoses have to scale piles and debris to situation themselves within a few feet of the excavator. They usually have respirators on to protect themselves from dust and debris and are always COVERED in mud and water. The copper collector guys comb the debris fields picking up copper, brass, aluminum and stainless steel. They then process it by removing steel components with a torch, shear or saw. Pretty dirty. I think I'll put something together that shows dirtier stuff...like you said.

  9. #9Turbo218352009-10-05 16:46

    The good old two legged, or mexican magnet. Spent many hours running this machine

  10. #10BigIron252009-10-14 15:08

    Qball whats your handle for youtube?

  11. #11qball2009-10-14 17:49

    http://www.youtube.com/qball671

  12. #12BigIron252009-10-14 18:14

    Oh god Q, your channel is hilarious. :roll