Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ditch Witch 350 SX

Leon Phelps ยท 2011-06-26 14:49

Hello, I have a lead on one of these vibratory trenchers. It needs some engine work. I was wondering if anyone knew how to find out what type of engine this would have in it. I am basically trying to find out what the engine would cost to replace worst case. Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1willie592011-06-26 17:07

    Don't know what it would cost to replace, but I'm thinking those machines used a Deutz FL1011F.

  2. #2Leon Phelps2011-06-26 23:13

    from what I was told it needs an injector pump. do they go bad? could they harm the engine if they go bad?

  3. #3willie592011-06-27 00:03

    I don't know who's been telling you what you've been told, but the FL1011F doesn't have an "injection pump", each cylinder has it's own injection pump operated by the cam. I know that sounds weird, but that's how they are. The biggest worry of the 1011 series engines is they use a notched timing belt to drive the cam shaft. If the belt goes south, bad things happen, such as bent valve pushrods.

  4. #4Leon Phelps2011-06-27 07:14

    thanks for the info.

  5. #5AK_UNDERGROUND2011-11-24 22:41

    Mr. Phelps - If you are still looking for a Ditch Witch 350sx we live in PA and are selling one that is in great working condition and low hours.

  6. #6Leon Phelps2011-11-24 23:51

    bought a case mini sneaker. thanks though.