Hey Guys Fairly new to this group and also to the case dl550… question I bought my machine with 200 hours, it came with a new brush cutter..I’m reading it’s a high flow attachment…is there any adjustments I have to make to the flow control of the dl550 to run this? Or can I just plug and go? And how can I engage the attachment flow without keeping my thumb on the flow control button? Many thanks !
The machine comes with enhanced high flow. 4100 PSI and 41 gpm. You need a plug to go into the 14 pin to make it work. To engage the aux hyd it works the same for high flow or standard. Hold the switch on the right handle. Go to the control panel. You will see a green icon light up, hold the button on monitor just below that. It will hold the hyd. The hyd connection going to the machine are 3/4 couplers. Unless that is a high performance high flow attachment, it probably comes with 5/8 connectors. You will need to adapt your way to 5/8 or put 3/4 couplers on your attachment.
Hey thanks for the info! I’ve been running it … it plugs right in with the larger size couplers … it says it’s rated for up to 34 gallons per minute at 4000 psi..I made a few passes in some high pasture type grass… I was running about 3/4 engine speed just cruising… I noticed a time bit of smoke coming from the hydraulic motor on top of the brush cutter … I stopped immediately and just ran rotated the blades while cutter was raised eye level so I could see what was going on …smoke went away and then ran fine for a few passes and then noticed smoke again… parked it and detached hoses … they were kinda hot like I needed gloves to remove the couplers … is it possible I damaged something from having excessive flow or too much psi? What would I have damaged and would it be fixable ? Thanks again you have been extremely helpful !
Its rated at 41 gpm, at extreme high flow. That is a lot of flow. Just because an attachment is "high flow" you still need to look at the attachment and determine if the motor can handle the flow that the DL550 makes. When your running a machine on high flow or even low flow, the lines the get hot. That is not unusual.
Thanks for the reply! The brush cutter is rated to 34 gpm…less than the capacity of the dl550 …I think I cooked something idk
Ya your pushing way more flow than that. It probably is only rated to 3500 PSI.
As I think about this, you need to have the plug put in the 14 pin to activate the high flow. If you do not have that inserted, your not getting high flow. I am guessing your only pushing standard flow.
Again thanks for the reply! I found the coupler bolt between the motor and gear box on top of the brush cutter was sheared off … the smoke I saw was from the heat of the friction on the shaft..: what is amazing is that it still was turning the blades without a bolt in the coupler! I replaced and all is good now ..: I plugged in the 14 pin and throttled the flow down to 70% of max and working perfectly !
I could see the issue because there was a metal plate on top of the coupler area …I lifted it up and saw what was going on …happy to see nothing major …