I have a 91 do-mor backhoe that I have been piecing back together, mainly the brakes. The brand for the brakes are PERROT from 1985, they are drum and I am looking for spring kits before I put it back together, anyone with experience in where to find parts or what company they may be under
Where was this Do-Mor made? Is that the actual unit? The hardware looks great from here and wheel wulda been on it.
Some of that stuff is old but hasnt been abused and beat, might not even worked for a long while. Hasnt rusted from road salt.
I forget and finally had a fix from here the other day but can recall when not stressed we repaired a brake shoe with pp rivits and some red silicone. Wire wheeled the old steel and did another one with JB on a mini bike, still have the new part on the shelf and forgot we even did it.
Factory one broke early on and the repaired one is still in service. Hasnt worn out and hasnt broken. BTW,,, while you dont want to drench brake linings some spray for that stuff is in order, I lay that stuff out, bolts etc on a towel and whiz it all, the threads in adjusters get shot of spray we get by the case. That stuff looks cherry on an old loader.
I see how you like pics, will have to find one about workboot size sits on the shelf with salvaged brake hardware. I ordered a master the other day. Would have been interesting to see if the generic pic was the same one as this that described it very accurately and is a dead clone for the pld part right to the nuts.
One of the cleanest drum set up I’ve seen in a while. Granted, have maybe only done 10 or so sets of drum brakes in the last 10 years. See them less and less, these days.
Franklin Domeres built them in small job shop. Several versions. Was excavating contractors and turned inventory sort of. He also built a tool called the Steel Beaver which was portable crank powered track for common torches and had circle cutting attachment.
Thanks for the info! I knew they were built in Manistee Michigan. Mine has a 4 cyl. Cummins. Great operating machine, not super great on creature comfort but adequate. will be a better machine when it stops!
Domor is still widely used by pavers, had a couple unique grading attachments. It turned at the wheels vs articulating. Sort of crab and was durable and predictable. It did have a couple wheel issues on early models. Someone tried to revive them but was a problem for small outfits and were mostly ordered and built.
I knew Franklin and helped him on retirement home.
The last one he built I would have liked to get. Might still be around. Had improved axle engine and different trans. He likes to say they were the vise grips of the excavating world. Lots of attachments and we're not specialists but did a lot well. Now we got 4wd tractors but back then they were so much better loader along with the grader.
I think Elmers picked up the parts for them. Had stuff made. It's a big outfit. They might sell some.
They were and still are a good tool for paving prep work is where it really shined. Its a pretty decent loader and he had a unique back blade with wheel attatchment he had invented that made is super and you could turn this machine down for working in close quarters and had gearing and power to cut with the bucket. Seems it was a yard or so and had poiwer to fill it so it wasnt for continious pit work but not so slow couldnt load some spoil on the way out either, hi enuf to load a full size dump truck. Not so heavy and hi its a problem to haul.